test1
July 24, 2017, 03:42:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting Wacom XD-0608-R from Serial to USB  (Read 20363 times)
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 06:08:32 PM »

Yeah I should have taken a picture, but I forgot, but I still know what I have done:

I did remove the transistor
I destroyed the Vcc pin to disable the ADM chip, I thought it renders the pins NC, but it does work.
Pin 9, 11 and 12 of ADM (1, 3 and 4 in http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1928.0;attach=2117;image ) are routed to the PDIUSB pins (use a multimeter to find out which pins, very easy, use the beep setting), I took em from there, same with B, I checked if B is routed to an USB pin and it was. For GND I took random GND pins from a resistor or cap which aren't on the board.
I cut the 7805 output leg.

Wacom is detected as USB input device, after installing the latest drivers which support intuos2, 6.2.0w5, latest drivers apparently don't support them anymore, device remains "USB input device" but the device is functional and wacom tool sees the tablet.
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 06:12:22 PM »

an intuos 3 pen also works with waxbee, but pressure doesn't work well, lines are on-off, perhaps you can create support for cheap pens of graphires to work on the intuos for those who lost their pen, which easily can cost $80-100
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 06:30:30 PM »

I think there is a confusion here. I'll try to explain. Hope that's going to be a bit clearer.

WaxBee has nothing to do with the "pen hardware". The original tablet firmware is still present and well alive. WaxBee only acts as a "PC" interfacing the serial tablet.

Normal Wacom serial setup:

Pen --------RF--------> Wacom Serial Tablet --------serial--------> PC

WaxBee Setup:

Pen --------RF--------> Wacom Serial Tablet --------serial--------> WaxBee --------USB--------> PC

In other words, the WaxBee simply replaced the PC in the picture. We have not touched the tablet inner workings, really.

If an intuos3 pen partially works on your tablet then that's no different with or without WaxBee.  WaxBee does not modify the tablet's internal firmware (and less so even their SOCs!). So it is impossible for WaxBee to "support more pens". Btw, the different models of pens are tuned to certain frequency and unless we do serious hardware changes (to either/both the pens and tablets), it can't work with just "firmware" updates -- even less so from WaxBee.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 06:36:18 PM by bernard » Logged
Alan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 06:40:30 PM »

aha, of course, the pressure-levels are just being read, the hardware creates the values, not the interface.
santiniuk
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »

Hi Bernard.

Just noticed some upgrades on Waxbee. I went from 0.11c to 0.14 and found the tablet would not respond. Very intermittent.

I then tried 0.12a and it seems fine.

Just thought I'd pass that on. Thanks for the great work on this.

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2013, 04:40:50 PM »

Yeah, potentially introduced a regression (not sure when/how that happened exactly). I have version 0.15 up now in the hope it helps.  If you could try it, it would be nice.  Else, I need to advertise find which version is "stable", etc.

Which template have you been using exactly?
santiniuk
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2013, 07:12:12 PM »

Bernard,

Thanks. I'm afraid 0.15 also gives me the same issue as 0.14. It is very intermittent when moving the pen. Long delays and then might jump to the location. We are talking seconds.

Reverted back to 0.12a and everything is very smooth. Perfect in fact.

I'm trying templates :-

XD-0608-R to Intuos2 6x8.tmpl.txt
XD-0608-R Debug.tmpl.txt

Sorry I cannot offer any more details.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: