test1
May 29, 2017, 06:56:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting Wacom UD-1212-R from Serial to USB  (Read 49693 times)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2016, 08:45:02 AM »

UD-1218-R and UD-1212-R are (almost) the same device. Control board is the same (or at least I didn't see a difference) so the conversion guides will work as is. The difference is in the firmware to handle the bigger board and as a consequence the Waxbee configuration.
momo
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2017, 01:55:48 PM »

I just don't know if this thread is still alive, but I recently modified my old UD1212 serial to intuos2 USB emu based on this thread, although I have a trouble to make intuos2 driver recognize the original stylus pen. I am afraid I need an intuos2 compatible pen instead of the original. The tablet and functions are recognized well and status LED responses with the original pen.

OS is windows10, just for your info. At least, there are reports on the web that the intuos2 driver works on windows10, such that I speculate this is not due to driver issue. The driver I am using is 6.2.0w5.

Because of this trouble, I tried intuos5 emulation, but ended up with no recognition of the tablet at all, by the way.

I appreciate your kind help.

Thanks,
momo
DD
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2017, 12:12:01 AM »

The driver not seeing the pen can be a sign that the tablet is not communicating with the Teensy/Waxbee.

The driver could be seemingly functioning even with only the Teensy unit connected to the computer without the tablet. And the pen still can interact with the tablet's LED even though it's not connected to anything.

You don't need a newer pen if the one you've is still good. I would try checking the soldering job.
momo
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2017, 11:17:29 AM »

Hello DD,
I will check my solder again.
Thank you for your clarification and advice.
momo
zacpla
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 13, 2017, 09:49:33 AM »

Hello Everybody,

A little bit lost in my deep french countryside, I am trying to convert my old serial UD 1212 r Wacom into an usb one.
Many thanks to Bernard, Red five, DOCa Cola and all the contributors for their explanations, who are very usefull.
I just want to ask two questions:
1. Is it possible to make that transformation using an Arduino pro-micro Teensy 2.0 compatible device as this one:
 http://www.ebay.es/itm/ARDUINO-PRO-MICRO-5V-16M-COMPATIBLE-ATMEGA-32U4-MICROCONTROLLER-BOARD-TEENSY-2-0-
2. May I use my old wacom pen or is it absolutely necessary to buy an Axiotron Studio Pen?

Best regards,

Christophe
Ertew

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 13, 2017, 10:35:26 PM »

1. Pro micro and clones are incompatible with Teensya 2.0 There are two problems: pinout (different pin names, not big deal) and bootloader (arduino bootloader suck). Rest (uC, crystal, USB section) are almost identical.
I tried to program old WaxBee into pro micro. With success. But I need external programmer to do that. More info here: http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=2556.0
Newer WaxBee version have smaller size thus You can use arduino bootloader that are inside pro micro. Just programming process are different. WaxBee can program teensy or generate hex file. You need manually call AvrDude with specific parameters. That's probably the most important difference.

2. You need working EMR pen. Original Wacom pen will be excellent as long as it working (moisture and time may destroy everything). Replacement pen may working too but I never played with that.

Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors.

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
zacpla
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2017, 07:05:37 AM »

Thank you for your prompt answer Ertew, I will try it and I will give a feedback on this ASAP
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: