test1
September 20, 2017, 06:29:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting Wacom UD-0608-R from Serial to USB  (Read 22228 times)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2012, 04:20:58 AM »

Neat Teensy placement!

How did you made sure the teensy is not touching the wacom board?  (On one of the last picture, the boards appear to be overlapping.)

Another idea is to make a hole to expose the Teensy reset button in case you want to upgrade to a new WaxBee firmware without opening the case. Just drill small round hole, then you can use a non-conductive thingy (like a pencil eraser or whatnot) to press it when required.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:22:46 AM by bernard » Logged
louiscar
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 07:10:49 AM »

Yes it overlaps but in fact the wacom board is designed to be suspended a few mm above the base and what's great is it is enough for the Teensy to sit at the bottom without touching anything.

Yes on the last picture that ugly eliptical hole is the reset hole I drilled. It's not circular because I made a little mistake. Smiley

Now I've had a play the only thing that is not quite right is the pressure sensing which is erratic. eg. It jumps around (jitters) as I press harder and if I push too hard I will read a light pressure as though there's some wrap-around happening.

Tweaking the setting in the driver can make it a bit better but it's not too good. Do you have any suggestions ?
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2012, 04:05:43 PM »

Hum. Try to tune the pen.  There are potentiometer(s) in there.  I do not remember for your specific pen, but typically it is under  the button cap.  There is a way to remove it without breaking it. I broke mine because I did not know how to open it.  Here's the note about it (if that can be of any help). http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1514.msg10063#msg10063   You can try searching elsewhere if you have issues opening yours.

Look at this post for more info: http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1930.msg15097#msg15097

Do you have an eraser?  Do you have the same issue when using the eraser?  The eraser is often a separate circuit (depends on the model).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 04:20:30 PM by bernard » Logged
louiscar
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 10:55:33 PM »

Ill take a look at those links.

Yes the pen does have an eraser.
The first thing I noticed when first plugging in the tablet is that the light doesn't turn green until it's pressed pretty hard then it seems to flash intermittently sometimes very quick succession of flashes. As I keep doing this, over time  it becomes a little more stable, such that I get a steady light when pressing (perhaps just a few flickers now and then).

When using the eraser the green light comes on and is steady well before the pen touches the tablet. It stays green regardless of pressing until it's moved out of range.

I thought this might be something to do with the drivers as the pen didn't have this behavior before.

Edit:

Ok looking at my pen, it also has a crack very similar to the one shown in your picture. I'm not sure when that happened. When extracting the board, button 2 seems to have fallen apart into several bits. I might have to lose that as I don't see how they'd go back without some sort of glue. I'll see if I can get an new pen from ebay. If not will any of the newer pens work ok. I'm assuming they should all work ok with any pad but may be wrong.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:26:34 PM by louiscar » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 11:36:35 PM »

If the eraser appears good that really points to a mis-tuned pen. OR a faulty pressure, but the way you describe it, I doubt it. Play with the little pot on the main circuit.
louiscar
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 12:31:45 AM »

ok will do. I'm trying to put the button back together, it seems to have got bent a bit but I've managed to assemble it and going to try some glue. I can then play with the pots.

I have 3 pots. I take it that the middle one is the pot I should play with as I guess the outer two are just for button sensitivity.

I've lost the springy-ness on the tip for some reason, I can't see why but the pressure sensor seems to register ok.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 01:20:48 AM by louiscar » Logged
masterrey
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 10:51:46 PM »

Hi. i'm new user. I made the conversion on this tablet successfully.
here is the images of this work.

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 02:28:38 AM »

The pen tip never had any "spring" effect, at least none that we can sense. (but the eraser do). It is a totally different pressure system.

@masterrey  : Great stuff!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: