Bongofish
December 14, 2019, 04:49:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: LTN106W2-L01 Problem?  (Read 7597 times)
Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:34:32 AM »

Hi there guys! I am currently assembling a kit I bought from Tabletmod. It was fantastic, however I got bad jitterings and currently trying to fix it.

I think I have messed up the controller kit or the lcd panel. I am using a LTN106W2-L01 as instructed by Tabletmod's admin, using the controller I bought.
At first I got an image going, both with VGA and DVI cables. However, the screen appears to be offset to the bottom right, with the center of the screen located far away from the center. I think I got an overscan issue, but no matter how I tweak with the OSD or nvidia driver, I could not get it to be in the center. The best I could do was use DVI cable, and scaled down the screen to the smallest, and still I got cropped image.

To fix the interference problem, I wrapped the controller kit with aluminium foil as suggested from my research in this forum, but it seems I had short circuited or something. The LED on the controller would turn RED at first (when there's a screen) but now the LED turns green instead with a black screen instead. However, in the black screen state, the OSD seems to be working, but there's some fuzzy resolution to it, as if it's a bit messed up. I am using this as a second monitor.

I appreciate any help I could get. I am currently at work, but I will try to fire it up again and post some images to it.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 07:47:25 AM »

What did you use to protect the board from the foil?

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:49:34 AM »

OOh....I got to use something else first before using the foilt? *smacks head*

I just thought you need the aluminium foil alone............  *smacks head again*
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 08:30:05 AM »

So the first thing to do is to take _everything_ apart, very carefully,  and try to get the monitor working separately on it's own.

Patience is the key.

Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 08:54:40 AM »

Thanks alot Drewid for the advice. I'll try to separate everything again and see if I can still salvage this. Else, got to go check ebay once more.

Will try to post some images.
Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 12:38:19 PM »

I managed to get the monitor working again. I still however faced the problem where the screen is overscan and the display is cropped on the right and bottom. I couldn't see the taskbar even after i resize it in both Nvidia's control panel AND the screen's OSD. I have tried it on both DVI and VGA connection, and so far it seems scaling it it in Nvidia in DVI mode is the best, but still its way off center and still cropped alittle.

Anyone has any idea on this?? Thanks alot in advance.

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »

Well I'd call that miraculous,  I was expecting stuff to be fried. Congratulations !!  Grin
Does the tablet still work?

As to the offsetting problem, I wonder if it might be a slight mismatch in the LVDS board programming.
I'm not sure how you would track that down. It might be work talking to Don at Tabletmod, he might have heard of the same problem before,   or he may be able to get more information from his supplier.

Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 08:27:12 PM »

The tablet is still working.  Grin I pulled it out immediately after I noticed the screen ain't working. Don't wanna fry my beloved Intuos too Cheesy

I followed your advice and took things apart slowly and with just the board, screen and power going in, I was glad to find that the LCD screen still works.
I have contacted Don as well from tabletmod, though I guess he is busy, reply from him is rather slow. I was told by him to set it to 1280 x 800, but after hours trying out all options
with all the resolution available, I don't think its the solution.

One weird thing I noticed is that the OSD itself is off centered, even if not connected to the computer, just turn on with the LCD.
Any suggestions on the LVDS board programming? I read about here and it seems I would need to get my hands on a programmer, though I have no idea how to that.
The screen is bought separate from Don, as he had only the enclosure and the board available earlier. The screen is bought from ebay from a guy who is now worried I might give him a bad rating.  Grin

However, I am one step closer to me Cintiq!
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »

If the OSD is off centre then I think it's the LVDS board itself, I can't see how it would be the screen panel.

It might be easier to send off the controller and get someone else to reprogramme it.  Unfortunately the suppliers are usually in Hong Kong or China, so it would be a long wait.  There is a guy on ebay selling both lvds boards and a programmer, but I've no idea how that works.

Where are you based?  You could hunt around for some more local lvds board vendors who might also do the programming.

Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 08:07:46 PM »

Hmm, that will be a bit hard to do. I am from Malaysia, so........I tried doing some search around and not much luck of local lvds boards vendor. I guess I could try out of the stores, I njsomething from ebay I think. They are selling another board that is compatible. Thanks for the help drewid! At least now I am rather sure its the board, not the panel.

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 01:14:07 PM »

Well, reasonably sure Smiley

NJS might be able to reprogramme your board, which will probably work out cheaper than just buying a new one.  I guess it depends on whether you are in a hurry or not.
 Roll Eyes

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 06:08:41 AM »

When you disconnected from the PC and bring up the OSD menu (which is not centered), did you say the pixels were "clear" or are they still "fuzzy" (rescaling).

Can you find what is the native resolution of your screen?   In windows, find a resolution that shows no pixel fuzziness.  Then with some graphic tool of your choice, try to determine how many pixels you are seeing on the screen for real.

You might get away with EnTech Powerstrip and rebuild a new screen "specification" (x/y resolution, etc.) that matches what you are experiencing. This could be a (painful) workaround to getting a new LVDS programming.
Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 06:17:49 AM »

Initially when I first connected everything, the OSD is clear, and it seems the native resolution is 1440 x something. After my 'accident', the OSD now is pretty much fuzzier and weird looking, though at it's supposedly native res, the image displayed seems pretty clear. That EnTech Powerstrip technique seems like it's gonna be a hell of a way to get it working, but I will give it a try! Thanks!

I have ordered a new board from the nyjtouch and now got to wait for it arrive and test it out.
Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 05:43:24 AM »

Just to update you guys. Got the parts from Nyjtouch and after fiddling with it and a quick setup, my own Cintiq is now alive!

Now I am considering a better screen, as I find the viewing angle a little limited, especially from the slanting back position of the screen. Any suggestions?
Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2011, 04:07:41 PM »

Been using this cintiq on and off for a while now, and I must say, I really love it! Asides from some calibration problem (I am missing the side) and also extremely jittery cursor near the top, it's working pretty good! Here's a sketch with Zbrush.

The screen near the bottom right of the screen gets hot after a while, and it's rather uncomfortable and to be honest I am worried. Is this usually normal this sort of screen panels?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: