Bongofish
December 08, 2019, 02:23:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: LTN106W2-L01 Problem?  (Read 7593 times)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 05:50:38 PM »

Heat is never good and about anything will degrade faster under heat.

Does the heat coming from the CCFL lamp or the inverter circuit itself?  (or both?)  maybe they could be separated more to avoid heat build-up.

Yes, these can generate quite a lot of heat.

For your comfort you could attempt to "reverse" your build (put the screen upside down) or find a way to cool down that area. 

The usual cooling tips:
Making good ventilation holes and removing stuff that could act as isolation. Also you could think about installing one of two little fans (or maybe bigger  like 120mm but with carefully positioned ventilation "channels" that redirects the air to blow most of it through the little space that's heating up.  On top of that, you could stick heat sink elements to some metal piece to suck the heat out.

What tablet are you using again?
Velsthinez
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 05:59:04 PM »

That does indeed sounds alarming. I haven't check the inverter circuit but it does seems to be coming from the screen panel's CCFL lamp, but I can't be sure. When I used it at night with air conditioning and all, it does seem more bearable but definitely noticeable.

I am currently using an Intuos 4 Medium, build using Don's Tabletmod Mod. The screen was bought from ebay with the same name as the thread (LTN106W2-L01 ). One thing is that the power adapter that was send by Don was a UK adapter, and I had to use a universal adapter for it. Could that be an issue?

Edit:

After fiddling and testing it a bit, the inverter board does seems to heat up a little as well. It seems the lower metal frame around the panel is the one heating up, almost to a dangerously painful degree. I definitely need to  look up the cooling idea you suggested!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 06:15:22 PM by Velsthinez » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 06:49:23 PM »

You are gonna need some creativity.  Could you take a picture or two of that area of the build (if possible)? 

I assume this is sitting on the tablet case and thus there isn't much space to punch venting holes (other than on the top).  Are you willing to open and make big holes in your tablet case. The circuit inside (might) not go as far down as the case (although it might not be that far either, would have to check if it could be worth it).

Laptop often have the exact same problem "heat spot" (inverter+lamp) -- just that people rarely need to go near that area of the laptop. (bottom part of the screen).  It is true that leaving a finger on there can sometimes feel like burning.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2011, 02:32:11 AM »

and btw, nice zbrush sketch Velsthinez!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: