Bongofish
December 16, 2019, 06:15:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: 21.5' Cintuos [WIP]  (Read 57605 times)
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 09:36:45 PM »

I used plexiglass and it scratches up pretty quickly.

Got some custom toughened glass cut for £15 its 4mm thick but its not got a single scratch on
it so far. Problem would be you would not be able to drill or cut holes in this glass so maybe a central section just overlapping the screen slightly.

Great build so far. Please post a few pics of the screen bare if you can at some point.

Jan

I'm going to stick an antiscratch antiglare film on the screen surface. I'm still not sure what to do about the rest. I'd like a seemless glossy front panel but I know it's giong to have scracthes pretty fast....maybe I should add a glossy film and cut the screen emplacement to put the antiglare film ?

I'll post photos asap, but I usually work on this at night and my camera is pretty bad for dark scenes.

Anyway thank you for the support !

How are you planning on doing the touch sensitive buttons?

Actually my screen already have touch sensitive buttons so i'll just stick it to the surface. In fact, it seems that they are more like proximity buttons and it looks like intuos touch strips are like the same. That's why I can't use thick plexiglas or glass. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:43:21 PM by Rik! » Logged
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 01:35:28 PM »

Here comes some pics !

* 1.jpg (346.84 KB. 900x675 - viewed 725 times.)

So,this is the screen on top of the tablet. The screen is actually upside down because I don't want LEDs under my arm, it's pretty hot !
Also I  guess i'l have to insert something between the panel and the tablet because otherwise the LEDs wont light right in front of what they are supposed to light.
Ah, and the FFC's are really to short !
I still can order to DIY-beamer so I decided to try another way by cutting FFC's ( 20pins 1mm pitch 400mm long ) to fit the number of pin I need.

* 2.jpg (304.96 KB. 900x675 - viewed 568 times.)

Heres the control board. As you can see, there is vga, dvi and hdmi port and beside the DVI port it's the power supply plug.
THe long thin pcb is the touch sensitive buttons

I tried them through 2.5mm thick plexi and it still works... I wonder what's the max I can do ! Anyway, my final screen will be 1.5 or 2mm thick so no problem !

* 3.jpg (383.89 KB. 900x675 - viewed 1442 times.)

Testing ! So as I was saying earlier, the LED are not right in front of where they should be so the backlight is a bit weird... plus I think I messed up with the layers order :/

You can see a little amount of jittering on the line. I did it on purpose. I have drawn a line close to the controller very very slowly to show the jittering but... i'l probably never draw that slow and anyway, nothing is grounded for now so I guess it's pretty good.

the cables are very very shot ...

* jitter.jpg (91.14 KB. 900x900 - viewed 527 times.)

Here the picture of the jittering because I just saw that it's not even visible on the photo.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 01:40:00 PM by Rik! » Logged
janm

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 12:13:59 AM »

That looks really nice, thanks for posting the pics.

I ultimately want a large screen tablet and this screen one i can get.

Hopefully it won't get too hot after being for a bit?

Jan
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 01:49:50 AM »

That looks really nice, thanks for posting the pics.

I ultimately want a large screen tablet and this screen one i can get.

Hopefully it won't get too hot after being for a bit?

Jan

I hope I got what you said right (i'm french) so, about that screen, I think it's very very cool! IPS + led is a good combiation for a LCD tablet IMO. About getting hot, I turned the screen upside down so the LEDs are on the top of the tablet,where your arm never goes so the heat of the surface when you draw is almost nothing ! Smiley
CountachLP400
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 10:52:03 PM »

If I might ask, how thick is the diffusion plate that goes behind your LCD panel?
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 05:28:32 PM »

I didn't measured it but i think it's less than 2mm.
janm

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 07:58:43 PM »

2mm thats very thin.

What is the thickness of the LCD screen total please.

thanks,

Jan
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 10:14:57 PM »

First I tried to remove everything to have the thinner screen I could have then the panel was aproximatively 4mm. But it was quite difficult to keep the layers and the LEDs in place so I decided to keep the plastic frame, cutting the screws holes to gain some mm. The plastic frame has a separation between  the backligh layers and the actual panel so now it's 7mm thick. Sad

I still don't know if i'm gonna keep the plastic frame...
janm

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 10:56:46 PM »

I got about 12mm + 4mm thickness of my lcd panel before signal is lost between the tablet and the pen, It might be ok to leave your lcd panel at 7mm
if you are going to have something very thin over it for protection.

Jan
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 11:36:33 PM »

I plan to put a 1.5mm thick plexiglas over it.
xguy
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 12:02:10 PM »

looking good so far! i was gonna buy this screen for my intuos 3, but i think i'll wait a while.
luxeomni

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 09:08:34 PM »

Ah un build francais, je pense que je vais en faire un comme toi dans pas longtemps, je viendrais te faire chier si je galere Wink. J'en ai déjà quelques uns en construction a base de tablet pc et de 12x12.
Et gros big up pour la dreamcast qu'on voit sous ta table basse Wink.

Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 03:33:48 PM »

Wink
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2011, 02:45:56 PM »

eh ben, encore des francais: je vais pas m'emmerder je pense. Smiley
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »

héhéhé.

I still don't have receive the stuffs that I need to keep on building, so... stay tuned, I hope it'll arrive soon !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: