Bongofish
December 14, 2019, 06:05:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: 21.5' Cintuos [WIP]  (Read 57588 times)
buildorbust

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »

Hi, I'm looking to start a similar build, but with an intuos4 and I was wondering a few things. Do you just need a longer FCC on account of flipping the LED's or was it too short regardless. Also, if you flip the LED's shouldn't that cause problems when viewing content (like the light being in the wrong place) or are they just solid LED bars instead of being subdivided? TIA!
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 09:21:29 PM »

Hi, I'm looking to start a similar build, but with an intuos4 and I was wondering a few things. Do you just need a longer FCC on account of flipping the LED's or was it too short regardless. Also, if you flip the LED's shouldn't that cause problems when viewing content (like the light being in the wrong place) or are they just solid LED bars instead of being subdivided? TIA!

Cool ! I actually need a longer FFC because it's too short anyway. About the LED I didn't fliped it, I kept them in their place, I just flipped the whole screen so the LEDs are on top side. And i'm sorry I think I didn't get the last part of your post but I'll try to answer :

As I didn't moved the LED bar there is no problem but if I did so, I would have turn all the layers but the panel so the light would still be homogeneous.
buildorbust

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 04:28:07 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I understand your panel better now. So the LED is just a single strip with no kind of "smart" technology to apply different amounts different locations etc..

About the extenders, I actually have a dead optical drive so if I need something I might pull that apart and see if anything matches. If I end up not needing any, they're all yours (as long as you're in the USA) since it seems like you've been waiting for quite a while. How do I measure them? Center to center on the lines?
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2011, 06:22:02 AM »

The pitch is the center to center distance (which is equal to the left side to the left side distance -- sort of thing).  The way to compute this is to measure the total size and divide by the number of connections. Typically 0.5mm was the norm for these LCD panel circuits board-to-board connections.
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2011, 07:43:23 AM »

Actually, mine is 1.0mm pitch.

I ordered FFCs on ebay and I think I received it today. Got to go to the post office to take it. And no, I'm not in the US, I'm in France.
buildorbust

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2011, 01:33:03 PM »

Actually, mine is 1.0mm pitch.

I ordered FFCs on ebay and I think I received it today. Got to go to the post office to take it. And no, I'm not in the US, I'm in France.

Hurray! BTW, I really like your idea about movie the side buttons out of the way.

The pitch is the center to center distance (which is equal to the left side to the left side distance -- sort of thing).  The way to compute this is to measure the total size and divide by the number of connections. Typically 0.5mm was the norm for these LCD panel circuits board-to-board connections.

So without a complete teardown to look for hidden ribbons, there only appear to be 3 that might be usable (others are way too high pitch).

3.8cm w/ 74 pins for ~.0514mm pitch
8cm w/ 7 for ~1.14mm pitch
7 w/6 for ~1.17mm pitch

I think I also have a broken DVD player packed somewhere so I might take a gander at that too if I haven't already tossed it.
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »

Which side button are you talking about ?
buildorbust

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2011, 02:01:12 PM »

Moving the Wacom buttons further up so they're out of the way.
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2011, 02:11:56 PM »

Actually I'm moving them a bit down... They are a bit higher on the orginal. As my screen is smaller vertically, I had to move the buttons down to be aligned with the screen... And what's the point of putting them out of the way? I better want them IN the way so I dont have to move my arm to reach them !
buildorbust

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2011, 02:39:51 PM »

Oh, was going on the assumption that the layout was similar to the Intuos4. On the i4, the buttons are vertically centered on the left side so I assumed you'd moved them up.

I'm most comfortable drawing on a tablet laid flat so my left arm will probably be resting on the border.
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 02:47:22 PM »

My build is based on the Intuos3.
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2011, 10:28:27 PM »

I dont know what I did, but I think I've screwed the LED bar...

EDIT : Looks like I fucked the ZIF connector...  I'm screwed !

EDIT2 : Finally, trying to arrange things, Things went worse... I broke a pcb track triyng to remove the zif... double screwed... I have a nice screen with no backlight !
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:08:47 PM by Rik! » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2011, 12:02:12 AM »

PCB traces can often be "fixed" by installing a jumper.

The ZIF connector? which one?  For the backlight you said? 

Take a picture -- maybe I can help out.
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2011, 12:50:07 AM »

I'll take a picture in the morning. I guess it's fixable but not with my stuffs.
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2011, 11:28:29 AM »

Here are the pictures :

* 22.jpg (213.35 KB. 600x800 - viewed 518 times.)

As you can see, two parts of the tracks are gone.

* 11.jpg (172.93 KB. 600x450 - viewed 524 times.)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: