test1
August 21, 2017, 02:46:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tablet Pressure Curve Tool  (Read 7127 times)
StickyNavels
New Poster

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »

This program allows you to set the pressure curve for your tablet manually - i.e, increasing or decreasing sensitivity in a non-linear fashion and setting minimum and maximum thresholds with much greater accuracy than with Wacom's tablet properties (they're kind of rubbish!).

Personally, I've set the curve so that less force is required for maximum pressure. It works quite well - less strain on your wrists AND your tablet surface.

http://www.lab.envirex.cz/?page_id=3
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 03:54:45 AM »

oh! nice tool! I posted a question in there.

I want to see if a similar technique would be possible to modify the X/Y coordinates of the pen (to get to unreachable edges when the screen is bigger than the tablet sensor).
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 08:13:13 PM »

oh! nice tool! I posted a question in there.

I want to see if a similar technique would be possible to modify the X/Y coordinates of the pen (to get to unreachable edges when the screen is bigger than the tablet sensor).

That woudl be cool ! Like a normal acurate zone at the center and a cursor accelerated zone on the edges ?
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »

yes.  Like if you need 0,2 inches on one side, you take another 0,2 inches in the active area and map it to 0,4 inches on the screen -- a 2:1 mapping. It's an idea that someone got in this forum a while back.  I am doing this feature in my waxbee project, but this is only for serial / ADB tablets. No solution for the native USB tablets (yet).

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:52:00 PM by bernard » Logged
stk2008stk
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 10:40:51 PM »

Any one know of an app like this for a none wacom eg

Aiptek 12000u
tevion
medion etc etc

thanks
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 01:20:29 AM »

Never heard of anything even close to this for other tablets.

This app modifies a proprietary Wacom configuration.  That is because previous wacom driver versions *had* the feature but then it was removed. The setting was still there under the covers and this is what this software depend on. Now the newer drivers have revived the settings in control panel (and this software is no longer useful).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: