test1
April 26, 2017, 04:41:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi there !  (Read 3689 times)
haunted
New Poster

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:10:58 PM »

Hello everyone, 27 years old from france, and freelance "inphographist".

I've always drawn, but since half a year, the need to draw is really stong, and recently, I discovered the joyce of finger/stylus painting using some apps on iphone (sketch club, for the curious).

I'm really used to all the graphics suites on pc thanks to my job, so it's was natural to want a cintiq to put my experience and the on screen drawing all together.

I dropped here while getting informations about DIY a cintiq, and got a lots of usefuls tips and tricks ! Thanks everyone for sharing experiences and so.

I'm starting a build around a Instuos a3 wide i just bought from ebay and this screen: LG IPS226 (really interesting screen). Hopefully, the ebayseller is in france too so i won't wait for too long ! I got some ideas, but i think i'll create another topic elsewhere to discuss it !

I saw there was another 21" build-wip here, from a french guy too, using the same stuff, how funny ! i hope we will be able to help each other !

i'm sorry if my english isn't really good.. been a while since i've talked seriously this language (gamers aren't really grammar guys =p)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 02:29:18 PM »

welcome 27 old haunted!  Grin

Exciting! You should start a new build log.

You are talking about Rik!'s build?  Yeah, it is promising -- he had no jitter at all.  As of this writing, he is struggling with a broken LED bar.  Tongue  http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1967.0

Bonne chance!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:58:09 PM by bernard » Logged
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 07:50:54 PM »

I there ! Nice that we have the same age, job and build. Actually I think that if I had to do it again, I'll choose the 23" screen instead of the 21.5.
haunted
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »

ahah thanks you !

Yeah, i'll start my build log as soon as i get all the stuff i need. For now i'll be asking two or three things in the Heyaaaalpppp section !

I'm aware about rik!'s problem, and hope he'll be able to solve this ! I wish i could come up with something but honestly, i'm not really good with electronics, i'm far better with mechanic !

edit: Hey rik! =) kinda fun we're twins about theses things and too bad u had to redo since u were this far :/ Why are you picking the 23" ?

Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »

I won't buy the 23" but I think it could fit the intuos3 A3... It might be a little too large but it's possible to crop some pixels. As 1920px is VERY large cutting like 50px is no big deal. But you'll gain some centimeters in height.
haunted
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 09:05:26 PM »

my bad.. i totally misread your post.. sorry, it's a fail !

Actually i'm thinking about getting a much bigger screen, so i could use a virtual keyboard below the intuos area.  but the main specs of the lg are quite awesome !
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »

Interesting: If I understand correctly, you want a virtual keyboard like you see on iPads? -- (i.e. using a touch screen sensor?)   

What about getting a keyboard with "real keys" instead?
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 09:36:02 PM »

Oh my boy ! Nice idea ! A keybord in a tablet !

It would be lovely with an optimus keyboard ! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3jwbg_optimus-keyboard_tech
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 09:40:31 PM »

optimus maximus cost the same as a brand new Cintiq!
haunted
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »

Yeah kinda the same thing as the one you can use on any new phone or tablet. The main idea is to get rid of mostly all the basic stuff like mouse and keyboard while using the diy cintiq. I'm still living in a small place, and don't have much place to spare.

The best way to illustrate my idea is a modern and digital drawning board/table with all the computer stuff under the hand. Just two cables to plug to my pc and that's all folk !

The center is the "cintiq" and u got a sensitive-touch-whatever-we-can-call-it keyboard under it. I'm starting to think about putting a trackball somewhere, just in case. Unfortunately, i'm a big smoker, so it'll be great having all this under a thin glass, easy to clean =) (i know a trackball can't be under a glass thought)

I've to admit i'm the kind of guy who liked to draw on the school's tables, laying on it, and i want this feeling back, being one with the support !

But, i'm daydreaming i know this... first of all, i'll build something classic to get used to the electronics, to sharpen my skills etc etc.

The optimus is kinda sexy indeed, but the thing i would love to have to getting along my idea is the TDK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBH6KW2aT4      awesome !

THis one is really great too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjVN4izQo-M&feature=player_embedded

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:58:09 PM by haunted » Logged
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 11:47:11 PM »

The second one is really neat !

For the optimus, I know that it's very expensive, I was just telling that it would be a great build .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: