test1
September 24, 2017, 11:21:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  
Author Topic: WaxBee project  (Read 60620 times)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2013, 09:08:43 PM »

Sit tight. I suspect there is an older variant of the GD tablet that works at lower speed and is different enough that the driver needs tweaking to overcome random clicks and y jumps. I see your version is 1.x instead of 2.0 , so that might explain it.

Another forum member with the same tablet as yours is about to send me some investigation data. Hopefully I will pinpoint the issues and make adjustments to Waxbee.
SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 08, 2013, 12:39:31 PM »

Ah, very good. Please tell me if I can help collecting some investigation data.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 08, 2013, 04:27:10 PM »

In the Linux driver, I see that they pick 19200 baud if the version is smaller than 2.0 (instead of 38400) -- this confirms that there is really two version of the GD running a different speed. (I was not 100% sure up to this point).

There is no obvious code that interprets the serial data differently based on the version. But I am not done looking. There is also a special piece of logic that ignores packets that does not fit certain criteria and another one that interprets the pressure differently when the packet is not from a pen. I have to compare WaxBee logic vs. Linux code logic and also match with the serial data coming out of the GD 1.x tablets.
SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2013, 03:58:55 AM »

I'm glad to see you being optimistic about our "special" 1.x tablets  Smiley It looks like you have a plan.
I would be happy to help, but I'm scared to dive into the source code  Huh
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2013, 04:25:58 AM »

Here's the "masterplan"  Cool :  Analyze the raw data to hopefully find how to interpret it differently for the version 1.x.  If that fails, then analyze the "glitches" and build a "high-pass" filter (something really simple) to "cut off" (skip) glitches.  The last will remove extreme cases but sometimes we cannot make the difference between a glitch and a real stroke. So I am hoping to find the solid solution before trying to filter it out.   

You might get lucky with lazynezumi which is doing that type of filtering already and a few members are using it.
SONB
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2013, 11:44:31 PM »

Hmm... lazynezumi didn't make a change. I'm not even sure it works correctly on Win8 with Sketchbook  Huh

I guess I'll just wait and hope that you'll find a solution.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 10, 2013, 02:23:03 PM »

New version 0.15a fixes a regression that was halting the CPU for 50ms every second or so.  The net effect is little stops in the pointer movements.  It didn't affect the positions (so curves are not affected) but could affect all "time-related" tools, like airbrushes.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
  Print  

Jump to: