Bongofish
December 10, 2019, 08:09:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NJYTouch LCD controller problem  (Read 2974 times)
gordon13

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2011, 05:22:01 PM »

Ive just received my LCD controller, connected everything up but suddenly hit a brick wall. The LCD "socket" on the board has 30 pins, but the cable that came with the board only has 20 pins (4 of which dont have a wire coming out of them). There are no markings on the board as well :/

I don't want to fry the board or LCD, so I thought it would be best to ask here (Ive also send an email to the seller).

Does anyone have experience with these boards? Where abouts on the connector should I plug the LCD cable?

Sorry the pictures might be a little bit dark
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4249784/random/P1150929.JPG

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4249784/random/P1150927.JPG

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:53:00 PM by gordon13 » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 06:39:29 PM »

So they essentially gave you the wrong cable?   Contact them.

Some LCD are 20 pins others are 30 pins.  They were supposed to give you the "right" cable for your LCD, did you sent them your LCD brand and model, before hand?   Also, this is important to have the right "programming" in the controller.

BTW: do not even attempt to connect that.

EDIT: I mis-read. I thought you were talking about the connector on the LCD Panel.  Yeah, contact them to check on how to properly connect it. (maybe someone here would know of course).

The red wires are for power (It is all connected together I believe).  You might be able to figure it out by inspecting the PCB to see where you see bigger traces and being all "connected" together.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 06:43:57 PM by bernard » Logged
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »

You're fine, they just forgot to connect your cable to the board. The red wires should be pointing towards the white socket. Excuse the unfocused picture, i used up the last bit of battery juice from my camera before it shut down...

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 08:29:11 PM by Pesho » Logged
gordon13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 10:22:11 PM »

Awesome! Thanks for that. Works flawlessly. Cant wait to start building my Cintiq
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: