Bongofish
December 06, 2019, 04:16:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: .
. - 0 (0%)
. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intuos 3 12x9 Newbie [Just starting]  (Read 2253 times)
Sharkface
New Poster

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:24:55 AM »

I'm getting my Intuos 3 12x9 tomorrow.

What sort of monitor should I be looking for?
I obviously want cheap and I'd be hooking up to my laptop which only has HDMI.
I was thinking my best bet would be a laptop replacement? Also, I noticed 15" and 4:3 would be the best idea for it.

And as far as anything else, I'm sure I need some sort of controller for it or something like that.
Any recommended information would be HIGHLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 11:52:56 AM »

Heya!
  • To find the size of monitor you want, use bernard's Simtiq Planner
  • Are you planning to use a regular monitor or a laptop LCD module?

-Regular desktop monitors come with a built-in controller, but are thicker and a bigger hassle to disassemble.
- Laptop LCD modules are very thin (~5mm), but require an LVDS controller board. You can get one from eBay user njytouch, they offer various boards with VGA, DVI, Composite and HDMI inputs, check them out:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/njytouch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 12:03:07 PM by Pesho » Logged
Tytiq
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 10:37:42 PM »

Hey I am planning on doing a very similar build. I am looking for a intuos3 9x12 on ebay right now. I was wondering where you got your intuos3 and how much you payed for it? As for the lcd screens I am looking at BOE HV150UX1-100. This screen is very similar if not the exact same as the screen that donshole(the guy that started tabletmod.com) used for his Intuos3 build. I think that this screen is 6.5mm thick.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: