Bongofish
December 16, 2019, 06:07:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cintiq 15X PL-550  (Read 18378 times)
wolfsoull
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 04:23:45 PM »

i understand bernard but for me is more easy now buy a new 15" LCD and his lcd controller kit and made the modifications of the case to fit it! and tablet panel behind the lcd and shield like the original one! a made as the same way of the projects here, because of that i need know what lcd panels that have good results in the members projects! that we can find on ebay
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »

It is not an individual LCD that is good, but a combination of LCD + tablet. Look it up yourself to be sure, but I do not remember seeing your tablet being used in any bongofish build so far.

--------

So since you have nothing to do now at this moment (lack of tools or replacement parts). You can now try to reconnect everything and power it up. Then you can "play" with the connections and connectors to see if the image suddenly appears correctly.  This does not require any special tools.  Just the fact that you unplugged-replugged it might fix the problem(!).

To be able to set it up, you sometimes have to find creative ways of placing stuff so they do not touch. Like making it "stand up". A little note: the CCFL (backlight) driver circuitry is high voltage -- and that means you stay away from it when powered (it hurts). High voltage *can* jump (arc) through thin stuff like a piece of paper for example.

Triple check everything before powering it up. Nothing must touch each other and everything should be "secured" if you touch it (not going to fall). Make sure no cable is being "stressed" (you do not want to break stuff even more!) -- put the screen in a position that you will be able to see (even if awkward).  Make sure you place all the cables in secure locations (do not want to trip on it and bring the whole setup on the floor).  I usually use a power bar that I bring on the table for quick connect/deconnect in case of "smoke appearing". Smiley   

All that is something you will have to do many times anyway if you go the route of getting a new LCD Panel.

wolfsoull
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »

ok i will reconnect all and see what happens Smiley bu i doubt that will fix because the lcd quality is very poor! because of that i want to made a new project and try use only the tablet from the cintiq 15"  is the other projects work with wacom intuous 2 and others i think this tablet will work on new lcd screen too and made a new and custom case for it.

because of that i ask you you opinion about what lcd screen do you recommend and his lcd controller kit to power it up?

bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 08:57:14 PM »

I am sorry but I cannot say more than I honestly know. I cannot 'recommend' (or even suggest) anything more than what I already told you. Let me quote myself and add a little bit more nevertheless.

Quote from: bernard
[..] go with whatever has worked before to be on the safe side. Now, I know nobody that has the same tablet as yours that tried to match a LCD. So no luck with past experience. You are alone in this path I believe (but you can try to search).

Here's what I would do if I wanted to replace the LCD completely for myself: Smiley

I would opt for a 15 inches 4:3 LCD Panel that would have 1050 lines. (because I know these exists and I like this resolution -- it is good even for a primary monitor). I would check the **Exact** active area size before doing anything. I do not want to have a screen that is bigger than the wacom (but the reverse is OK). I would try to find one with a price point that won't bother me too too much if it isn't working.  Once I spot the LCD (and its LCD Panel model number & datasheet), I would start sending emails to get a cheap LVDS+inverter board (we have a couple of suppliers  http://wiki.bongofish.co.uk/doku.php?id=bongofish:lvdsvendors ). Cheap because that one I might have to throw away (or return with a fee/exchanged/reprogrammed for another LCD Panel) if the LCD is not working or produces too much "jitter" with the Wacom tablet.

---------

As for your current LCD: The LCD quality is not that bad - Only 1 bit (out of 8 bits) of the Green channel on half of the pixels is not working. If you ever reconnect/repair that little signal, it will shine like new. So it is not "so poor quality" -- this is a misconception because it is just broken. This LCD might not have the highest constrast ratio nor the highest resolution, but it is a 8 bit panel (not a cheap TN).

Just to check if travelling by car to drop something is feasible, did you mentioned in which country you live in?  I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
wolfsoull
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 10:01:35 PM »

bernard! after reconnect everthing! suprise! fix everthing!! now i can bright and saturation it and work perfectually! Smiley

you are right in everthing, i wanna thank you and all the help you provide me.

thanks bernard Smiley
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »

...and the light was filling his eyes, he could not believe the little miracle that was summoning between his own hands. Bongofish is alive!

Have a good day wolfsoull --  Watch out not to break anything -- in the excitement it is easy to break something. 

wolfsoull
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 12:09:47 AM »

...and the light was filling his eyes, he could not believe the little miracle that was summoning between his own hands. Bongofish is alive!

Have a good day wolfsoull --  Watch out not to break anything -- in the excitement it is easy to break something. 

Smiley have a nice day bernard
JohnWeel
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 08:10:01 PM »

Just found seller who sell wacom tabs.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/zo0mer/m.html

You can buy another wacom Pl-550 in mint condition  Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: