Bongofish
November 13, 2019, 02:42:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: How can i create a touchstrip
soft pot - 0 (0%)
broken down ipod - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Diy touchstrip  (Read 16596 times)
Tigertron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 05:09:28 AM »

That's funny. I had bought a laptop battery from China and it got here, California , in five days. I was impressed.

Anyway I thought you were going to do something different with the pen. Still I'll be interested to see what you come up with.
Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 06:42:57 AM »

yeah, that's interesting. maybe its going to be such a long wait because I ordered my materials on a Thursday.

I hope my lcd and controller come in by tomorrow. I'd like to start gathering my materials.

Does anyone know of any polycarbonate mold making material? I need something durable as well as relatively inexpensive. I have found some polycarbonate custom enclosures created for cars, but I have no idea what material to use, or where to get them.
Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 09:49:36 PM »

Okay... I just recieved my lcd screen. IT IS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. I ordered LP150E05 A2 K1. but I received a Samsung LTN150PG-L02-00r4. I cant find much information on that exact model. I can only find L02, and not the suffix 00r4. FYi, I purchased my monitor from ebay retailer leonworks2003. It said that there where more than 10 monitors in stock of the Lp150e05 (A2) (k1). Which btw, is a monitor that has great viewing angles and excellent color. ugh, I hate ebay right now. Crappy sellers plague it.
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 02:24:51 AM »

Bad luck ... you now have to send it back and claim for your money ! ...
Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 02:49:05 AM »

Bad  luck indeed. I messaged them asking them for the right item to be shipped, or for a refund. I hope they reply and tell me they have the correct item, and I hope they ship it. I wish I did not have to pay for return shipping though. That is money that I should not have to lose. But... I guess I will see. Leonworks may be a bad company.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 02:53:43 AM »

How's the specs (of the LTN150PG-L02-without-the-00r4) compare with the one you originally ordered? Is it a drop-in replacement?
Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 03:31:30 AM »

How's the specs (of the LTN150PG-L02-without-the-00r4) compare with the one you originally ordered? Is it a drop-in replacement?

The tn panel has viewing angle of 50/50/65/65. Brightness is 200. contrast ratio is 300:1. Colors is 262k. response time is 25ms. The IPS panel has a viewing angle of 88/88/88/88. It has a 550:1 contrast ratio. Colors is 262k. Brightness is 200. The response time is 25ms.

So as you can see, they are identical except for the viewing angle and for the contrast ratio.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:01:07 AM by Ryanwc » Logged
Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 03:38:38 AM »

Alright, so my bamboo pen and touch has arrived. It is a pretty cool little device, however the touch seems to be rather unresponsive sometimes especially when working with two wacom drivers at the same time. Also sometimes the software wont recognize my intuos 2 after I use the touch feature. I have to close and open the program for it to recognize it. I can see that this would be something that would annoy me. So, I'm sticking with my keyboard. When I get enough money, I may get just a darn intuos 3-5 with some buttons on it and incorporate that into a diy cintiq.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:02:43 AM by Ryanwc » Logged
Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 04:24:24 AM »

Also, I wanted to let everyone know what I'm doing for the enclosure. I have have seen previous builds where they make their own enclosure from various materials like tote lids, wood, acrylic and the like. I also seen some pretty nice ones made from the intuos 3-4 enclosures too. So, with the intent of having something to look polished, I have decided that I will try to make mine by thermoforming 1/4"(maybe 1/8 ") plastic. My options are acrylic, polycarbonate, ABS, polystyrene, and others, but I'm sort of bent on using polycarbonate or acrylic. There is a lot of information on the web about vacuum forming, and I think it has already been discussed too on bongofish forums. But here is a link to some information on vacuum forming for the creating of a custom n64 case. http://moddedbybacteria.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/vacuum-forming-case-making.pdf

It is some pretty cool stuff. I may be able to use polystyrene, but I'm concerned about how well it would hold up in a case that is a little over a foot and a half. I'm sure 1/4 inch polycarbonate should be strong enough though. We will see.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:33:57 AM by Ryanwc » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 04:48:00 AM »

Someone currently active on the forum (Rik!) mentionned thermoforming in a sentence.  He said it was hard I think.  You may want to contact him :  http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1967.msg15742#msg15742
Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 09:09:44 AM »

Someone currently active on the forum (Rik!) mentionned thermoforming in a sentence.  He said it was hard I think.  You may want to contact him :  http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1967.msg15742#msg15742

Thanks. I will contact him. I think it should be pretty simple to do -- I hope anyways.
Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 10:51:49 AM »

i have another concern. So I received my power supply. I purchased it from usbestadapter on ebay for about $8 free shipping. It is 12v 1A/2A/3A/4A. I wanted to test it, so I connected the power supply to a motor that runs on 12v. It seems to pulse energy every half second or so.  I take that it is a capacitive charge/release that is doing this??? I'm a little worried if this will work with the njytouch controller board that is shipping to me. Will this cause any problems, or should it work fine? Most of my other chargers that I have tested run at a constant pace. This one is very odd.
Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »

So, I have not given up on the idea of multi-touch/custom key support. I'm now looking at this: http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/maximum_pc_builds_a_multitouch_surface_computer
it is a mutlitouch display created using a usb camera(sometimes modified for infrared only readings) and a projector. So, I'm thinking about implementing this into an area on my tablet where I can map certain areas to perform actions(i.e. keystrokes and scroll-wheel-like gestures, pinch zoom, etc.). I think this would be cool to add to my build.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 02:11:50 PM »

Power supply:

Did you say "charger" ?  Some chargers would pulse indeed.

When you say it is "1A/2A/3A/4A" -- that sounds weird -- normally there is only one Amp rating not four(??)  Is it 4A? Or there is some sort of switch to "change" the rating? (which would be kinda weird since a 4A power supply can be used for a 1A device automatically) --- (that is, unless this is a charger in which case the circuitry could be much more complex).  Unless there is some auto-sensing thingy that "disconnects" "rails" when not required to stay as efficient as possible (to be "green" and take less power out of the wall outlet and generate less heat).

Note that if your motor is rated higher than your power supply (in terms of Amps) that could explain the pulsing. Typically, when a device pulls more than what the supply can give, the voltage would drop -- OR -- with a clean electronic regulator -- it would cutoff (or let the the voltage drop a little and then cutoff when going under a certain level, like 9v for instance).  The exact behavior will vary depending on both the device (motor) and the supply internal electrical characteristics - you would be pushing them over their limit.

Ryanwc

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 09:57:34 PM »

Power supply:

Did you say "charger" ?  Some chargers would pulse indeed.

When you say it is "1A/2A/3A/4A" -- that sounds weird -- normally there is only one Amp rating not four(??)  Is it 4A? Or there is some sort of switch to "change" the rating? (which would be kinda weird since a 4A power supply can be used for a 1A device automatically) --- (that is, unless this is a charger in which case the circuitry could be much more complex).  Unless there is some auto-sensing thingy that "disconnects" "rails" when not required to stay as efficient as possible (to be "green" and take less power out of the wall outlet and generate less heat).

Note that if your motor is rated higher than your power supply (in terms of Amps) that could explain the pulsing. Typically, when a device pulls more than what the supply can give, the voltage would drop -- OR -- with a clean electronic regulator -- it would cutoff (or let the the voltage drop a little and then cutoff when going under a certain level, like 9v for instance).  The exact behavior will vary depending on both the device (motor) and the supply internal electrical characteristics - you would be pushing them over their limit.

Hmm..... I may not be able to use this http://www.ebay.com/itm/170516216949?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

But yeah, I think it may be a gimmick advertisement. There is no switch or anything. The only reason I purchased it was because it was so cheap. But yeah, my motor runs fine on a 12v, 400ma. Since this power adapter is >1 amp, I thought it would work fine.

So i take it this is unable to function with the controller board? if so....ugh.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: