Bongofish
August 23, 2019, 08:59:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmmm interesting  (Read 5400 times)
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2011, 02:27:41 PM »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Multi-Touch-Gesture-Touchpad-Smart-Pad-USB-Mouse-Keypad-/290536528449?pt=Mice&hash=item43a5539a41#ht_4543wt_1396

Grin

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:35:21 PM »

I already use a 3$ chinese numpad for this  Wink But this one looks very nicely concealable!
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 02:50:28 PM »

I like the idea of the multitouch. I wonder how hackable it is?

Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 02:56:19 PM »

Should be pretty hackable if you don't mind the possibility of messing up a 25$ device Tongue Touchpads from old laptops are another option, but programming those might be a pain, and im not sure what kind of connector they have inside.
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 12:56:23 AM »

I was thinking more of something at the windows end.  I'm not sure how this would interface into photoshop, but there's probably some code somewhere for hid function remapping.  The type of thing you used to get with the overfeatured flight type joysticks where you could map any function to any hotkey / game function.

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 12:58:59 AM »

You can get cheaper versions complete with too-tiny keyboard
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wired-iPazzPort-USB-Handheld-Keyboard-Mouse-Touchpad-/200505440937?pt=AU_Input_Peripherals&hash=item2eaf0e3aa9#ht_3467wt_1139

Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 10:37:07 PM »

'm not sure how this would interface into photoshop, but there's probably some code somewhere for hid function remapping.  The type of thing you used to get with the overfeatured flight type joysticks where you could map any function to any hotkey / game function.

What about Autohotkey? Am i the only one using it here, come on! It's made exactly for that type of stuff.

That second pad is also interesting, with the strange (infrared?) data port and indicator light. The more keys the better for mapping functions, as long as your fingers are capable of pressing one at a time...
Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 12:09:22 PM »

Wowser. I've never seen that before.

That's going to get a sticky.  Does it do multitouch pads as well?

Drewid
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 12:46:09 PM »

Looks like I've not kept up.  Wacom are already doing multi touch and pen input on the bamboo.
http://www.the-graphics-tablet.com/bamboo-touch.html

So MT is already built into photoshop as well, (at least on Mac). haven't found anything about PC for that yet.

Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »

Does it do multitouch pads as well?

Probably not, anything that translates into a keyboard or mouse commands is OK, like for example gestures can be coded in, but not multitouch. I guess it depends on how the driver for these multitouch devices works, like for example if you have the driver translating a "2-finger tap" to a rightclick, you can have Autohotkey intercept that rightclick and do something totally different, like pressing Q 3 times or launching a program.

And yeah, the bamboos handle multitouch, but i'm not sure how well that translates into screen tablets Smiley There are plenty of touchscreen kits on eBay that are way bigger than what the bamboo has anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: