Bongofish
December 10, 2019, 09:06:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 15.4 inch screen Question  (Read 5347 times)
Aidope
New Poster

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2011, 07:29:05 PM »

Gonna get started on a build really soon but before i do i just wanted to ask a question or two, so here it is. Which Wacom Tablet should I use for a 15.4 inch Acer Travelmate 4200 screen? I dont know off hand which resolution is native to that screen size, maybe someone here does?? Any advice is much appreciated., Cheers!

Aidope
guggas
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 11:44:53 AM »

Hello,

I've found this page:

http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/notebook/0000/Acer/TravelMate4200/TravelMate4200sp2.shtml

15.4" WXGA TFT LCD, 1280 x 800 x 16.7 million colors

Many 15,4" monitors work well with the intuos.4 L tablet. The active area should be around 331-333mm x 207-209mm.

Hope this helps.
Aidope
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 05:17:43 PM »

Good info there, thanks very much. Now to find a cheap Intuos for my build. Any ideas where i can pick up one on the cheap?
guggas
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »

I'm also hutting for one...

If you find a place... please let me know! Wink
Tigertron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »

The cheapest I found and where I bought mine.

www.macmall.com
Aidope
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 10:07:47 PM »

Yeah good site there, *bookmarked. There is also a site that sell tablets and digitizers for the tablets. I have emailed them to no avail unfortunately. They never got back to me  Embarrassed !!!

Check it out;

http://www.hanvon.com/en/products/index.html

Look under their "Components" link, there seems to be some good options there but I cant find any of the components on ebay etc. and therefore dont know about pricing / shipping. Does anyone here know anything about them?

Aidope.
Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 12:47:05 AM »

In my build i use a Hanvon GraphicPal tablet and it runs great. I've been eye-ing that components section for some time, but it doesn't say anything about how to get them working or where to get them. They probably only sell those in bulk to OEMs.
Aidope
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 03:43:14 AM »

Yeah thats a shame that they only sell to OEM's. Nevermind, i was reccommended a decent site to get cheapish Wacom Tablets. Once i've picked up the right LCD Controller and Tablet, i'll start a build log.

http://www.tablet4u.co.uk/index.html

Aidope

Pesho

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »

To reply to your other thread - you're not gonna find a tablet that matches 100%, but you'll have to look for ones that are as close as possible.

For your screen the only choice is between the Hanvon ArtMaster3 Large and the Wacom Intuos4 Large.

They match your 15.4 , 16:10 screen almost exactly. A forum user here (bernard) has made a great little tool for comparing tablet and screen sizes - Simtiq planner

You can also get a tablet that is bigger than your screen and just crop the active area to match the screen - this is what most people are doing for the old 12x12 inch serial tablets. Or, you can even get a smaller tablet and make it so that the screen is works only in an area smaller than the screen (this is what i'm doing). If you can't afford ~500$ for any of the tablets i mentioned above, you could just get a smaller one.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 10:48:20 AM by Pesho » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: