Bongofish
December 11, 2019, 12:12:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wacom tablets new vs refurbished? What parts would be refurbished?  (Read 6627 times)
Mhage
New Poster

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2011, 04:56:45 AM »

I see listings on several sites for refurbished wacom tablets.  I'm wondering what parts on a wacom tablet would need to be refurbished?  Most of the listings are very vague on this.

All the intuos tablets I've had in the past have been very solid with pretty much nothing that could break outside of maybe the pen.  Are there parts on the Intuos 4 that could break or become faulty and, if so, what are they.  The parts and the process for refurbishing the tablets would go a long way in figuring out if it would be worth it to try and save money on a refurbished tablet or just take the safe route and buy a new one.
chloeparker
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 01:57:46 PM »

Refurbished tablets are also good to use...I am using a refurbished Wacom tablet since last 5 months and till now I hadn't faced any issue with it...Buying refurbished items is also worth it..

Mhage
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:22:37 PM »

I appreciate the input but I'm particularly interested in what parts are generally repaired or replaced in a refurbished tablet.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:31:34 AM »

Does refurbish absolutely means "repaired"?  It may also mean "cleaned and re-packaged" as well I think.   I cannot say for the more recent intuoses, but for the old stuff, not much gets broken other than scratches and cracked pen cases.  Cables are often missing.

Mhage
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 06:21:45 AM »

That's the thing.  There's such a wide definition to the word "refurbished" now.  I know my Intuos 1 and 2 tablets were built like bricks.  My Intuos 2 still works fine but just isn't as pretty as it was when it was new.
Mhage
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 02:18:52 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TSETHY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A29PHU0KPCGV8S
Does anyone have any experience with this tablet or the seller on Amazon?  I'm wondering why they have more refurbished tablets in stock than new ones.  It seems like the Extra Large and Small sized Intuos4 tablets are the only ones that show up as refurbished all that frequently.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: