Bongofish
December 11, 2019, 03:00:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Paint for DIY Cintiq  (Read 2625 times)
admarioo
New Poster

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2011, 02:24:36 AM »

Hello all.

Can someone tell me what type of paint is the best to paint Intuos tablet after stripping old paint.

Thanks
Mhage
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »

Are you painting the original tablet or a customized enclosure.  I've yet to see a Wacom tablet that has a painted casing; usually they're molded in color.  The type of plastic or other material that the casing is made from will help to determine the best type of paint to use.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 04:28:33 AM »

Some intuos boards are clear plastic with paint underneath.  There  are lots of post about removing the paint. Search.
Mhage
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 06:27:12 AM »

ah, I see.  That must be on the newer ones to get a "modern" look.  If it's clear abs plastic, and you want to make it a single color, Krylon makes a spray paint called "Fusions" that's formulated for use on plastic.  This would work with solid colors or stenciled designs.  Another option is vinyl dye, which you can get at larger automotive supply places.  You should look into the proper techniques for using either one before you start, though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: