Bongofish
April 19, 2019, 02:22:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: jittering pointer  (Read 100343 times)
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2007, 02:10:32 AM »

Done.

Those that having same issue on different screen. Feel free to add further on this thread.
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2007, 08:40:14 AM »

I wonder laoptop screen will work. Saw a 15.4" laptop LCD panel up for sale.
Need to get a laptop converter board to make use of the screen.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2007, 10:05:15 AM »

Lap top screen drivers are expensive I believe.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2007, 10:52:49 AM »

Yeah...
I contacted a seller in ebay... going for USD60++. The screen I can get it for USD28.
So it will be around USD100. Slightly more expensive than the Samsung 15".
Still undecided.
Rumi

Mad Artist/Scientist

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2007, 01:25:05 PM »

I think the advantages would be:
  • External power
  • Controller cable already extended
  • You could try a number of screens with the same board
  • Might be easier to strip
  • Laptop LCDs may use thinner backlight slabs (although with my tablet thickness doesn't seem to be the problem, but you have a Wacom)

The disadvantages may be:

• No one has tried it before (except the iBook dude who put the wacom sensor into his laptop
  • Laptop LCDs may have worse FFC problems than LCD monitors
  • No DVI input, I have a theory that using DVI gives less interference. Drew, are you using DVI?

Personally I have commited to another monitor but this might be a good way to go.

Chems

He Who Dares Draws on a DIY Cintiq

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2007, 02:23:25 PM »

Just tested mine some more, I am getting some very slight jittering. No random clicking. Its not to bad at all, and hopefully a small amount of sheilding will solve the problem!

Its not coming from the CCFC as Ive unplugged that. Looking at it all spwralled out on the table, I have no idea how Im going to fit it all inside an Intuos3.  Embarrassed

Have to wait intill I have it all in one place. Ive been testing with My Volito which is not stripped down so I hope that the plastic isnt sheilding it or anything meaning the jittering will be worse when I get the big tablet.

johnynoi
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2007, 02:34:18 PM »

I think that the jittering is caused by magnetic interference from the components on the screen pcb, particularly the bits with what looks like copper coiled round them. I tried sheilding them with an earthed dinner knife to draw some of the magnet away and did see some improvement.?
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2007, 10:53:50 PM »

I'm using DVi at work and VGA at home.  I've not noticed any real difference in performance.

Fitting stuff in the intuos. longer screws and spacers to make the case taller?

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2007, 02:20:36 AM »

Height wise I dont think Ive got a problem, I thought I would be able to get it so the boards where layed to the side.

Just thought Id say Drew, a big thanks for setting up this forum, and for the idea in the first place, massive kudos to you. Im really enjoying this project and have wanted a cinitiq ever since I saw one but knew Id never be able to justify that amount of money on my hobby.

As for my jittering, I hope I can get rid of it with some simple fixes as its not to bad at all.

wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2007, 03:29:46 AM »

Found someone selling Dell E152FPb 15", wonder if this work....  Undecided
bal8664
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2007, 04:49:15 AM »

Found someone selling Dell E152FPb 15", wonder if this work....  Undecided

If that's anything like the Dell E153FP than it has an internal power supply.  I tried the e153fp and got tons of jitters.
Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2007, 04:13:16 PM »

Ive got an intresting find.

If I place my tablet under my LCD but have the whole thing turned off, when I draw a line there will be a break in the line. So this must be something to do with the read height or something as Im testing with my tablet in its case. The jittering stops thou. So if you draw a line and get breaks in the line, thats not interference thats something to do with the distance of the pen away from the pad.

wei803

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 02:07:55 AM »

erm... maybe. But for my case, when my pen move very close to the LCD PCB, breaking happened too.
as if the signal not clearly received by the tablet.
Chems

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 02:06:31 PM »

Im so worried about it all, I want it to work!

My new Intuos3 is on route.  Huh Will it jitter? The questions the suspense!

chimera
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2007, 02:21:53 PM »

Omg, I can't believe I found this forum!  I knew I wasn't the only person that had tried this. I built my own a few weeks ago using an intuos1 9x12 and a vg150, and have had this exact problem.  I've been trying different ways to combat the interference.  What was said that it's coming from the chips that are directly attached to the side of the lcd is true, I've isolated it to that pretty much.  I have function throughout the monitor, and the interference and jitter becomes the worst on the bottom left where the two chip groups come together.  I've tried all sorts of metal and never noticed much difference... my next test is going to use ferrite cores that you wrap around wire to eliminate interference.

Anyway, I'm so glad I found this forum,  is there a list of 15 inch lcd's that would work?

Also one thing that reduced a lot of the jitter, cut it in about half, was the driver setting of the intuos driver, you switch it to single pass and it cut my jitter in half.

Also the japanese paint program Sai has a jitter control setting for drawing straight lines that allows me to use my tablet even with the jitter, although outside of the program it's fairly bad.

Thanks again!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: