Bongofish
December 09, 2019, 06:21:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wacom tablet pens on ebay. Work on UD boards perhaps?  (Read 4062 times)
kristyon
New Poster

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2012, 04:07:07 PM »

We have a UD1212R serial. I read on here that the wacom tablet PC's use the same Tech.
Anyway, here's the pen I bought. £11.99 direct from China.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180542694009?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It comes with spares nibs, so even if it doesn't work, we've only wasted £6 or so.
I'll let you all know the outcome. in a few weeks.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:43:22 PM »

"UP-711E" looks like a Wacom pen number.

It should work perfectly since all penenabled devices are Ultrapad compatible. (If not, it needs tuning. But you shouldn't need to tune it, really).  I believe the "UP" stands for UltraPen -- (the UltrapaD pens) and "E" for "Eraser".

According to the picture, it looks like there is an eraser which is nice. I think this has only one side switch (but not entirely sure), which, if it is the case, would be the only drawback of this pen. But for the price, nothing to complain about. 

I also I saw here that a pen with a number that resemble (UP-7110E) only has one side switch.

The Axiotron pens can sometimes be found for cheap and they work nicely too.
kristyon
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 06:52:10 PM »

Thanks Bernard. Its what I figured - UP meaning ultrapad. The seller has quite a few different models. I'll check through them to see if any are duoswitch. But its a good price nonetheless.
Is the switch on single switch pens a right or left click? I don't think my wife uses the left click on the side much anyway.
I'm guessing it must be a right click.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 03:23:32 AM »

You can reprogram that switch to about anything you want it to be. Right-click is the default assignment.
kristyon
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 02:04:44 PM »

Pen arrived today. It does indeed work fully and is a single switch model. I reckon that's a bargain. Now we don't have to worry so much about losing a pen.

nationwide surplus have a good deal on http://www.nationwidesurplus.com/p-50-new-axiotron-digitizer-pen-for-modbook-tablet-pc-by-wacom.aspx

but they refuse to ship to me for less than $33. Ridiculous that they're not interested in my custom. I know they could do better. But I give those of you in the US the link anyway.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: