Bongofish
October 23, 2019, 03:22:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DIY-beamer.com  (Read 2432 times)
Adlorem

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2012, 07:43:23 PM »

Anyone ordered something lately in this shop? Looks dead to me, and I don't want to waste my money Smiley
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 04:03:41 AM »

if you search this forum you will discover that for some people they have been totally unresponsive (months).  Better get a confirmation before spending a penny and even then it is still a risk.  I always hear they are down and then after they start responding (?). It is not very reliable unfortunately.

I have been seeking for alternatives. "extending" a FFC is not a common problem of the industry (typically you only need to get a longer FFC).  So there is no standard parts for "extending".   If it was me, I would go with soldering two connectors back-to-back. (someone did this in a forum and even attempted at writing some sort of tutorial). Delicate, but hey. It is the cheapest option (if you already have soldering equipment).
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:21:07 PM by bernard » Logged
Adlorem

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:07:50 AM »

I took a risk and looks like they are operational at the moment. Moreover I ordered 1 cable i 1 pcb and they sent me like 10 pieces of cable and 2 pcb. Waited 3 days for my order.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »

they are always surprising!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: