Bongofish
November 15, 2019, 07:27:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Monitor; no signs of life  (Read 2250 times)
LastSix
New Poster

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2012, 02:21:39 AM »

So I have a Dell 1504FP that I know used to work, but the LCD decided to stop working about a week ago. The inverter and backlights work normally but the LCD is entirely dark. I can see no physical damage on the LCD or connections and have been inspecting the control board.
Is there a way to kill a screen without kicking or smashing it (like static or bad connection)?
Is the screen a lost cause?
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:58:30 AM »

I assume the OSD does not lit.  Is there any led in that screen?  Does it lit normally? (i.e. does it change when you plug/unplug the VGA cable to signify that a valid signal was detected).

Without more evidences than what you said and if you have no multimeter to test stuff (voltage levels and continuity tests), I would say there isn't much you can do, sadly.

If someone else broke the same LCD Panel and your LCD Panel is good (but the supporting electronics is faulty) then potentially the parts could be combined.

LastSix
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »

Yeah the status light does everything it is supposed to, but I have no idea what happened to the LCD.
I am in the process of scowering the electronics. The multimeter may or may not need to come out later, depending on some more tests.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: