Bongofish
December 08, 2019, 02:11:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Desperate for a 21.5"/22" IPS monitor.  (Read 13461 times)
Jaguar
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 08:21:56 AM »

I was just thinking of doing this same questions...

And how whent this project of DIY Cintiq of yours??
lanjelin
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 10:53:19 PM »

TTT  Undecided

How did it end up?
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 10:34:16 PM »

The LG IPS226V-PN s a 21.5 inches IPS monitor with LED backlight and external power supply. I guess it's the best screen to use. I'm gonna try it next week with a intuos3 A3 WIDE.

(PLUS it's very affordable, i'm gonna pay mine 159€, brand new !)
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »

I'm thinking about a bigger build once I've got my upgrade out of the way so I'm looking forward to this.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Rik!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 09:53:02 PM »

Got my LG IPS226 today and ... it's pretty cool ! The IPS is really better than TN ! The con is that there is a lot of mura effect. But i'm rarely working on all-black-pictures so who cares !

Now I'm looking for a way to disasemble it without breaking the case.

Any suggestions ?
Tigertron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »

I'm doing similar stuff right now. One thing that stood out in the op was the XL active area. I *measured* mine to be 495x305mm.  I went to Wacoms site and the are showing 462x305mm. That's not right.
 Don't go by the wacom site to look for a monitor. 

Also I have on my pc a acer p221w that has a visible area of 475x298mm this is a good fit so I need to find a decient monitor with those dimensions.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 12:47:52 AM »

I will talk only about the Intuos2 and older models because this is my experience (and I scrutinized them quite a lot).

In more recent models, ( I mean Intuos2 compared to Ultrapads )  there seems to be an extra "Sensitive area" on each edge -- but, (at least on intuoses2) -- it only really affects a single axis. For example, when your pen is going "over the top" and moving in that area, the cursor will continue to follow the pen sideways correctly. But in terms of vertical coordinates -- it is always stuck at a minimum coordinates (e.g. 0) (this is analyzing the USB packets, not just looking at the screen). So it "looks" like it is still sensing the pen in that area, but it is not practical at all as an active area.  So make sure you compute the active area size correctly and such a case is not happening. 

Note: They did this so the pen does not appear to get "stuck" on the border when pen is near the edge. A typical issue with older tablets.

My experience with Wacom specs is the following:  They are hyper precise to the tenths of millimeters (or to the rounding that is expressed it is displayed). Just one time their number was completely off on the web site (but fine in the manual) -- this was obviously a typo.  Also in some cases (I think this is not for Intuos 4) there is a menu strip at the top and this is a full active area but in the driver it is converted to a menu command and the active area is cropped. *If the driver supports* (not sure if this is the case) you could use that for drawing.

I am certainly not saying that Wacom is always right and you are wrong (wacom said many weird and bad things), but just that the active area does not fit with my experience (of the older models).

I keep a wiki with all the active area sizes -- if really this is different, I will update the wiki with a note.  http://wiki.bongofish.co.uk/doku.php?id=bongofish:tablets#intuos4_series  Oh, I already have a note about this model -- sounds like this might be the typo I was talking about(?)
PSimon23
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »

I decided to give a hand and sent a post into social bookmarks. I hope the popularity will rise in.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2012, 01:28:05 PM »

PSimon23: you really sound like a bot...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: