Bongofish
December 08, 2019, 06:40:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 inch sensor board ?  (Read 2738 times)
luxeomni

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2012, 08:50:39 AM »

I know that wacom produce small penabled board like a 5 inch one found in the now dead UMPC OQO model 1 and 2. Wanted to know as for my project i need to slavage some if someone know other device that incorpored 5 inch wacom sensors ?
I know the new samsubg galaxy note have one, but from what i heard it can't be separated from the all lcd package.

any infos on other possibilities ? ( already found some lcd replacement for oqo, but they re quite rare ).
Wilcorp70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 05:07:43 AM »

So this thread is old, but maybe the original poster still frequents, it's been a long time for me.  The OQO 1 and 2 are the only other 5 inch wacom digitizers I have found (and I have looked extensively.)  It is important to note that the OQO 1 used a 4:3 aspect ratio and the OQO 2 used 16:9.  OQO 1's are rare but much cheaper when they come up.  I have a dead OQO 2 and an extra screen and digitizer I have been meaning to play with, but haven't gotten the chance. 

While there are no other 5 inch digitizers, there are at least two devices that use a 6 inch wacom digitizer: the entourage edge which can be had on ebay for around $80, and the BeBook (which goes by other names as well.)  I found this picture of the digitizer in the BeBook:
Wilcorp70

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »

I forgot one other computer that uses a 5 inch wacom digitizer!  The Thinkpad W700 or W701 has one in the keyboard!  You can occasionally find the parts separate on ebay.
luxeomni

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 06:55:56 PM »

Hi ! nice find about the thinkpad Smiley
We successfully ( Bernard and i ) made the oqo2 digitizer works with his Waxbee. The oqo2 is serial and need to be emulated as an intuos with waxbee software. Connectors are a nightmare and need small soldering to work. but it works.
I found other 5inch digitizer but from on other company : Hanvon. In their ebook reader : ns518. Great board and flexible. so very easy to adapt design to it. i m still searching a way to find those 5 inch boards in great quantities for a personnal project of mine. 6 inch is still too big for my project Sad
Wilcorp70

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 03:47:05 AM »

Yeah, Bernard mentioned to me that you had found a solution for the OQO; that is very awesome.  5 inches with a digitizer and onenote is my dream PDA.  What is this personal project of yours?  If you don't mind me asking.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: