Bongofish
November 15, 2019, 07:02:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few random questions  (Read 1760 times)
myhairisspikey
New Poster

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2012, 05:03:44 AM »

Hey Folks,

So I've been obsessed with this site for a few days after ordering my monoprice 12x9 tablet and saw that DIY cintiqs were even possible.  I know that people have been having jitter issues with the PF1209, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

My supplies that are in route.

• Monoprice 12x9 tablet (bought this before han
  • 15" LCD panel LTN150U2-L02
  • R.RM5451 LCD Controller

So before I get started, I just have a few logistical questions that I couldn't seem to find clarified by reading through the build logs.

1. Do I need anything else to connect the controller to the panel?
2. I read on one build that someone put plastic between the panel and the sensor board... is that standard practice?
3. Do people do anything to hold the board and panel together?
4. Just to clarify, shielding is basically aluminum foil wrapped in paper on top of circuit board things and other potential interference?
5. What exactly do I need to ground/how do I do that?

I think that's it for now... Thanks for all your help!

Peter
Wilcorp70

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 05:22:56 AM »

So I will try to answer some of your questions, I'm sure Bernard will correct me if I'm wrong, but I will try to save him some typing.  It has been a while since I have been on the forum but I haven't seen a lot of success with non-wacom digitizers.  That being said, I want yours to succeed because cheap cintiqs are what this forum is all about. 
1.I'm not familiar with your controller board but the ones I have seen have an lvds connector at the end; it is possible your monitor will have the same connector (though I believe this is unlikely), otherwise you will have to solder the wires. 
2.I don't think the plastic is standard practice, they may have been trying to prevent a short of some kind.
3.I have seen double sided tape used to hold panels and digitizers together (many tablet pc's use this method.)
4.Yes
5.I'll let Bernard or someone else explain that.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: