Bongofish
November 13, 2019, 03:40:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Why am I only seeing the post new poll button?
I don't know. - 0 (0%)
I do know. - 0 (0%)
Carrots. - 1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with GD-0912-R and Samsung LTN150P2-L03  (Read 5824 times)
vvahoo206
New Poster

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »

OK, first, the only option I saw for posting anything was the new poll button (see below). Once I post a poll, though, I see the button for new threads.

The real reason for this post is to get some help with a design issue. As you can see in the photo (attachment #1), the circuit board for the LCD screen extends out of the case. The cables that connect the board with the screen itself can not be removed. I can't fold the circuit board behind the LCD because that will interfere with the sensor. Am I out of luck and forced to find either a different screen or different tablet, or is there a solution that I'm overlooking?

EDIT: Just read in another post that users have to first reply in another thread before posting a new one as an anti-spam measure. I also uploaded the photos originally uploaded as attachments to PhotoBucket.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:58:25 PM by vvahoo206 » Logged
vvahoo206
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »

More photos (not taken with my cell phone this time):

wilywyrm
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:22:46 AM »

I'm having the same problem with an intuos2 and a similar Samsung panel. I haven't done much beyond a cursory fit, but it looks like the panel + board will fit (or stick out less) if you turn it upside down so that the board is on the bottom. This does make connecting the cables more of a pain, though.

Let me know if you figure anything better out, I'd like to use my original case too!
vvahoo206
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 12:23:52 PM »

I'm having the same problem with an intuos2 and a similar Samsung panel. I haven't done much beyond a cursory fit, but it looks like the panel + board will fit (or stick out less) if you turn it upside down so that the board is on the bottom. This does make connecting the cables more of a pain, though.

Let me know if you figure anything better out, I'd like to use my original case too!
I thought of rotating it like that, too, but then the image would be upside down and have to be rotated. That would work, but I'd rather not have to go through all of that. I already had the LCD from an old laptop and it was a perfect match for the 9x12 tablet. The sensing area is the white box printed on the Wacom's circuit board, right?
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 01:11:16 AM »

Bigger case, upside down, fold behind everything. No magic here!   yes white box is active area.

Creativity, creativity! Grin
vvahoo206
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 12:42:25 PM »

Bigger case, upside down, fold behind everything. No magic here!   yes white box is active area. Creativity, creativity! Grin
I was afraid of that response, but as a graphic designer, sometimes you get the response you didn't want to hear. Tongue If only I could easily extend those flat cables! So really, the best solution here seems to be making a bigger case. Just to clarify some things... The LCD circuit board must be behind the tablet sensor, rotating the screen will produce an upside-down image that I'll have to correct through software/driver/etc, and the screen must be within the white box otherwise it won't be picked up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: