Bongofish
November 17, 2019, 05:58:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why would my monitor work then dim after a period of time  (Read 2549 times)
Pewsplosions
New Poster

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2012, 09:48:45 PM »

I built my diy-tiq about a year ago. Definitely not the greatest of builds but I like it. I used an Acer S231HL monitor for the project. It all worked pretty well for about 7 months.

Now when I turn the monitor on, it works fine for about 1 minute. Then the screen dims to probably a little less than half brightness(Enough where I can see everything but not really well enough to do any work on.)

I have no idea why it is doing this. I have checked all my operating system settings and plugged it into other computers so I'm fairly certain it is not a software issue. All cables are still connected firmly and nothing has really changed since I built it.

Any ideas of what this could be or tests to try to figure it out would be greatly appreciated!

I didn't actually document my build so I can't really link you to anything but if you need more details or pictures and such I could try to get some.
Pewsplosions
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 12:44:31 AM »

More info: I just took it all apart and what it is doing is for the first minute or so the whole LED strip is lit up as normal. Then when it would go dim, the bottom 2/3 of the LEDs go off. The strip gets very hot. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, maybe it has an auto dimmer function if it gets too hot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: