test1
October 17, 2017, 06:04:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Converting Wacom UD-0608-A from ADB to USB  (Read 7113 times)
romerof
New Poster

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2012, 03:17:52 AM »

Bernard, your work is awesome!
Hi, my name is Fernando, from Argentina, and I'm trying to convert an old UD0608A, I've the Teensy 2 board, soldered the 3 cables and a 2k ohm resistor between VCC and C7 then load the Teensy board with the Intuos2 hex, installed the wacom driver (Imac Intel / OS X). The driver installed correctly, recognizing the fake Intuos2 12x18, the led shows no activity on the tablet, but I accidentaly touch the Teensy board and the red led was on, then I draw on the tablet and it turn green showing activity, but the cursor was stuck, no movement at all. The tablet work fine previously with an Imate and OS 9 in a Ibook G3. Any ideas? Help Please! Sorry for my english... I attach a screen capture of the system configuration (in spanish)...

* Captura de pantalla 2012-04-06 a la(s) 23.04.34.png (68.96 KB. 668x646 - viewed 786 times.)

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 06:53:31 PM by bernard » Logged
romerof
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 12:16:47 AM »

Hi Bernard, thanks for your response, I've a bad solder point in the VCC conector, that was the no red/green light problem. Solved.
I've try a debug template and the hid listen software, plug the usb and play whit the pen, but got nothing, here what I see:
Imac-2:~ fernandoromerodetoma$ cd desktop/
Imac-2:desktop fernandoromerodetoma$ chmod 755 hid_listen.mac
Imac-2:desktop fernandoromerodetoma$ ./hid_listen.mac
Waiting for device:
Listening:

-- identify_response
-- identify
-- identify_response

And nothing more... Any idea?
I attached a pic of the Teensy.
Black for GND, Red-Green for VCC and White for DATA, and yes, I picked the good "ADB" template.

* teensy2.jpg (135.87 KB, 1214x638 - viewed 893 times.)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »

Sorry I was away for 3 weeks.  Let's use that split thread for your project.

Make sure you powerup the teensy (i.e. connect the USB plug) only after you started hid_listen so we see the beginning.

It is possible we are not getting a good ADB signal here. Make sure you connected the right ADB data pin. Do you think you can try with bigger or smaller Ohm values (from 1K to 5K).
romerof
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »

Hi Bernard, What I'm doing wrong??? 
I've tried 10 resistors between 1k to 5, keep a 1,76k solded & check the connections one more time, and that is what I got from hid_listen:

Waiting for device:..........
Listening:
WaxBee -- bzz! bzz!
Serial/ADB tablet to USB converter.
 slaveXMax:20480 slaveYMax:15360 usbXMax:45720 usbYMax:31680
-- poweron
-- identify
-- identify_response
-- identify
-- identify_response
-- identify
-- identify_response
UKROY
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 12:18:08 PM »

I cannot find how to start a new topic, so perhaps someone can guide me, please? I have a GD-0608-R that I need to convert to USB for support under W7 or Vista 64bit. I haven't, as yet, opened it up to see if the circuit board matched any of the boards in the examples mentioned in this or any other documented conversions.
Is anyone able to help/advise me as to whether this conversion is already documented  or, if not, how to complete the conversion.
Also, can I buy the the Teensy 2.0 board in the UK or can it be shipped from the US?
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »

Now that you did a first post, you will be able to start a new thread.

Start a new thread under Tutorials -> "Tablet Conversion to USB" and name it "Converting Wacom GD-0608-R from Serial to USB". We will continue the thread there.

Yes, open your tablet and take a photo of the important part of the circuitry near the connector. Enough to read the markings on the black chips.  The GD-0608-R should be very similar to the GD-0405-R (and also to the GD-0912-R).  The "R" stands for seRial, the "GD" stands for the "Intuos" (1) series. I encourage you to look at those threads.

For the Teensy, contact the maker (Paul) directly others have ordered from the UK already.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:23:45 PM by bernard » Logged
Smplvst
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2012, 08:52:25 PM »

It will be great. My GD-0608-R waiting for reconstruction too :-))
And big thank to Bernard for very useful and huge job. And Dragon.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:58:32 PM by Smplvst » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: