Bongofish
November 22, 2019, 06:24:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything to look out for?  (Read 2389 times)
harberst
New Poster

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2012, 01:41:58 AM »

Just wanting to be sure there's not something I'm missing something uh... shocking before I try and plug it in (I still have to remove the metal back panel to test my tablet with it obviously). But mainly I'm concerned about the little "brick" and grounding (or lack of since it's disconnected). The monitor in question is an  Acer S200HLAbd and here are some pictures of its guts.

Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 04:14:31 PM »

Hi harberst,

Are you asking if it's safe to switch it on from the point of view that you might zap your monitor without the metal backplate? or that you might injure yourself from a shock?

You have an LED monitor with an external power source (probably 12V?), so there is no filter capacitor or inverter to worry about touching while it's switched on. Probably safe to touch but wouldn't like to advise with certainty without seeing the circuit itself.

As for damaging the screen electrically without the backplate I wouldn't worry about that, but instead I would concern myself more with not letting static discharge onto the screens circuit board, ground yourself while touching it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: