test1
April 26, 2017, 04:43:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2481 times)
jmey85
New Poster

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »

Hello everyone

I've just come across your forum looking for information on wacom

I am passionate about drawing and I dream of a cintiq

I'd love to do my job but life has decided otherwise, I am a truck driver

I therefore wish to build me one with all your tips and trick

Ps: I'm french and I translated with google so sorry for the spelling and comprehension

A +
jmey85
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »

hello

I post again because I plan to create my cintiq in the coming months and I'd like to know where I should post my requests for assistance

thank you
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 02:27:19 AM »

Bienvenue "jérémie" (?),

Je suis moi-meme francophone (je suis à Montreal, Quebec, Canada).

I hope you can read English, else it will be a painful journey. There is no definitive guide simply because there are vast difference between builds. Some of the aspects that make builds different are:
- your needs,
- opportunities/deals,
- skillset,
- amount of money to invest,
and, of course, just pure luck.

For example, I got my hands on near-dead laptops from work that I took the LCDs out. Lucky me: that was an opportunity and I started selecting other components around those.
Some people never touched soldering equipment (and did not want to learn), others built cases using expensive industrial equipment that were first designed within a complex CAD software. Others just used plain Duct Tape to hold it all.

First you need to decide what you want to use it for. For example, you said "passionate about drawing" -- is that 2D sketches/paint? (like using Art Rage) and use it as a second monitor?  In that case, you won't need a super-high resolution LCD. Drew was very happy doing that on a 1024x768 pixels, 15 inches screen.

You are going to need to do a lot of reading. In general, the rule is you need to work harder, take more risks and wait longer to keep the price down. Stuff may break or plain don't work. Fragile stuff like LCDs are not always repairable (at least not without highly specialized equipment).

Just post your questions in whatever appropriate section in the forum.

I'll convert this text through google in french to see how it comes out... hum.. that was not too bad, I think you will get the point accross.
jmey85
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 08:31:09 PM »

Hello Bernard

Yes my name is Jérémy

Thank you for your answer

My project is to make a cintiq naturally but, to adapt, on one intuos4 The one screen for the place of the tactil pavement. I wish to conceive an autonomous tablet, that is, that I can use it without having to pass by a PC. I intend to buy a second-hand LAPTOP PC to be able to get back the screen of this one, but which he can remain to connect to the PC. I am understandable:

I draw on a normal intuos but on a screen
Under the intuos is the PC freed of its screen but the screen (in other words the paving stone) rest connected to Pc to be able to work
The intuos is fixed to the keyboard which thus finds itself condemned
I wish I can use it as Pc but only to draw. I can, with this configuration, use him on the battery, connect it a keyboard and or a mouse in USB

Here is I hope that I shall arrive eventually of my project
Goodbye
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 08:37:26 AM »

I think I better understand what you want to do. The portion I do not understand is the following:

...but which he can remain to connect to the PC.

...do you mean like a monitor and a plain tablet (like a cintiq?) bypassing the laptop completely? -- or just through some trick through the network (like a remote desktop/VNC).
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 02:56:30 PM »

Hi Jmey85,

If I understand you correctly your plan is to have an all - in - one drawing system. You want to seperate the screen from the base and create a Wacom sandwich. for example: Screen at the top, Wacom tablet, and the base of the laptop at the bottom.

Nice idea, although might be quite heavy by the time you're done.
jmey85
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »

Hi Jmey85,

If I understand you correctly your plan is to have an all - in - one drawing system. You want to seperate the screen from the base and create a Wacom sandwich. for example: Screen at the top, Wacom tablet, and the base of the laptop at the bottom.

Nice idea, although might be quite heavy by the time you're done.

Hello

Yes it is exactly it. I thought of making a cintiq without modification of the intuos with, just a screen above but I am afraid of having many to jitter and of step to know how to remedy it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: