Bongofish
November 14, 2019, 04:58:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Got the jitters!  (Read 2507 times)
hipster
New Poster

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2012, 08:50:04 PM »

Following on from my other posts about looking for 22" monitors/ backlights , I finally got a Dell P2210 with a scratched screen for not too much money , and took the backlight slab off and put my IPS screen over it (from another Dell , 2209WA if my memory holds) ,, and the screen looks great but there's jitter. I have both controller board for the screen and inverter board well shielded , but I can't get it down to reasonable levels. It's not the inverter/backlights , as the jitter is still there when I switch them off , and if I run the computer into a separate monitor while drawing on the dead screen over the tablet , the jitter is almost tolerable . If I then fire the screen up by running my laptop into it (but still drawing with my desktop computer on a separate monitor) the jitter returns ,, so it's caused by the screen and its circuitry. Shielding is well earthed ,, I guess I can try and do heavier shielding but I think it's more that Intuos 1 are not the best tablets to work with. One possible thing- the computer is using its motherboard video controller... do people have experience of great benefit from changing video cards? I'm not sure I can afford to experiment right now,, having said that , I've got an Intuos 3 A4 that I got on Ebay as faulty and I've fixed some corroded traces , but there was no pen with it so I don't even know if I really fixed it , though the buttons work ok now,,, anyone got an Intuos3 pen going?
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »

I am not sure I follow:  You get jitter even with the LCD turned OFF? If yes, this is not going to be easy. Yes Intuos 1 have a tendency to be harder on jitter. (not sure why). You have any metal/wire in the way?  HAve you grounded the panel metal frame itself?

Try to play with the video frequencies. You are on Windows? (EnTech PowerStrip) or for MacOS (SwitchResX if I remember correctly).
hipster
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 08:05:45 PM »

Thanks for the reply Bernard . With the LCD off there is jitter , but it's at a level where I'd hope to be able to use it as is or work to supress it a fraction - with the screen on it's pretty useless. I'll try the powerstrip option and see if that makes any difference . Interestingly , I tried a 6x4 USB Wacom that had worked faultlessly behind my apple laptop screen , and that REALLY jittered , almost like a timed pulse causing huge spikes.
Anyway , onward and upward , I'll get one of these things working or become a mad old man banging away on Bongofish!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: