Bongofish
November 20, 2018, 01:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cint®iq 2.0 [K-Jintiq clone]  (Read 49138 times)
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2013, 09:49:21 PM »

I ordered a new cable, so hopefully I can repair it. 

Current status - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTKJxE9r_o4
eqsOne

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2013, 09:28:42 AM »

Ye-haa, looks quite promising. Good luck with the cable swap!
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »

I ended up breaking the CCFL last night, which might actually be for the best as I had spent hours trying different wires to get the brightness up with no avail, so now I can just order one with a longer cable and not have to worry about it.  About how long did your cable end up being to give you enough reach? 
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2014, 11:05:52 PM »

Well the new CCFL came and the screen isn't any brighter, still stick around 100 luminance.  I'm starting to think the inverter isn't giving off enough power.  Also, I guess I damaged the connectors on the LCD because now I have lines across the screen.  Son of a...
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2014, 12:30:36 PM »

Sorry to hear about your troubles, expecially with the lines on the screen.

You say that the luminance is stuck around 100Cd/m2, but from what I understand this is about the value the average user would chose, certainly 255Cd/m2 would be overwhelmingly bright but you should still have some headroom above 100. Reasons for this might be down to a mismatched inverter, could be down to cable extensions (but seems unlikely now), or could be down to the age of the ccfls; ccfls tend to dim and get a rose tint towards the end of their life.

Was the panel 2nd hand? The ccfl age seems the most likely in my opinion.

I don't know if you have the data for the inverter, but the screens ccfls require 640V-835V with frequency from 50Hz-80Hz so as long as your inverter provides this it should be ok.
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2014, 04:57:02 AM »

Oh this is with new panel and a new CCFL.  I got the replacement screen today (also brand new, unused) and I hooked it up without doing any mods, and the brightness on this monitor must just not be that bright as I was not able to hit my target on it either, so I guess it's just a preference thing.  If that's how it is I can get used to it.  I might purchase another inverter somewhere down the road to make sure that isn't the isue, but I can deal for now.

Do you have any tips on placing the monitor?  I see how you used the legos to form a wall to hold it in place, but what is the best way to position it?  Did you match up the edge of the LCD with the white lines on the wacom? 
eqsOne

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2014, 12:19:42 PM »

Sorry for the late reply. Yep, I just kept the screen inside the white outlined field on the board. Besides it has to be passably fitting the inner 'indentation' of the wacom's clear top layer, the screen's cable should be also already connected while finding the right position.

When the position was fixed, I taped off the the visable screen aera on top of the clear layer (left the resulting tape square a bit smaller than the screen actually is), converted it to it's backside and then painted it from behind.

Ugh, hope you guys get me as I may not find the clearest words to describe it..
admarioo
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2015, 12:00:18 AM »

hi. I know it was 1 year ago but can you pls tell me where I can buy these boxes  thanks Smiley

* 17.JPG (205.98 KB. 800x600 - viewed 397 times.)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to: