Bongofish
November 19, 2017, 03:16:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: The CABROONTIQ build starts!!  (Read 17102 times)
cabroon

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2013, 06:48:29 AM »

So I had this LED tv Base lying around, unused since I mounted my Tv on the wall.
The base provided a big steady mount with just enough weight to support it firmly. I was glad I kept the inner hinge of the monitor base around, so I screwed it to a couple of wood boards which in turn I screwed to the base. I didn´t wanted to put screws on the back of my tablet , so I used adhesive backed industrial strenght velcro strips, in case I would want to remove it later. Again, great choice, since the grip is very steady and firm. If I ever get bored with the position, I can change it later on.

The circuitry and buttons of the monitor were kept in its original base, since that provided the best support for the cable connections. ALso it was attached to the back of the intuos with adhesive velcro. I gave it a long thought process here, but decided it was the best choice. Even if I have to lift the whole contraption to activate the touch sensitive buttons on the bottom part of the monitor base. [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
cabroon

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2013, 07:01:39 AM »

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Some more details on how the mounting and the final cosmetic look of the tablet looks.
I fixed the angle to a 50 degree more or less, since a more flat angleforces my back and my neck forward, and messes up the colors because of the viewing angle of the monitor. Meanwhile a more vertical angle forces my arm and shoulder to float without supporting it on the tablet, so long periods of work are very tiring.
I covered the aluminum foil insulation on top of the frame with electrical black tape. Since the tablet and the frame are black, It blended nicely.
cabroon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2013, 07:56:22 AM »

So this is the final view of the monitor.
Things to notice: the touch ring is left completely free, The led indicators on the side of the ring are partially covered, but the on screen display eliminates the need for them. The oled button displays are also unobstructed.

-I´m not working at the native monitor resolution, since it produced so many jitters. Downsizing it helped with it, but whenever I rotate an image, it gets warped strangely.
-also hooking up an older laptop proved to significantly reduce jitter.
-There is still a lot of jitter on the right side of the screen where the led strip is, in a screen strip of about 3 cms. On the top of the screen accessing the menus and mostly the top left part is impossible, since it has some jitters, but mostly aeroclicks and randomclicks that mess up my selections. That is why I still keep my mouse close at hand for some selections.

-After all this, I am still very happy with my homemade cintiq. It has made sketching super fast and inking waaay better. More natural in every way. Once you draw on a screen you don´t want to get back to drawing on a tablet. The whole process and the transition was worth it.
-Strongly recommended to anyone that craved for a cintiq but is short on budget. Take the leap, go for it.
-Thank you guys for all the input and support provided during this build. You rock!!

[ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ] [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »

Very nicely done, looks like it's time to put this thread in the successful builds area!
cabroon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 07:19:38 PM »

Very nicely done, looks like it's time to put this thread in the successful builds area!

How do I move it? or the forum moderator moves it?
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2013, 08:40:52 PM »

Oh Bernard, Please can you move 'The Cabroontiq' to the successful builds.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: