Bongofish
December 14, 2019, 05:06:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1024x600 Screen is blurry  (Read 2622 times)
HackofAllTrades
New Poster

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2013, 11:38:26 PM »

I have a strange predicament. I got a 1024x600 screen and its defaulting at 1024x768, which looks alright, except that its slightly squished because of the wrong aspect ratio. When I force it to any resolution other than that, even its correct specified 1024x600, it gets kinda blurry. Text is hard to read, and icons are indistinct and what not. Whats weird is that when I go into the panels built in menu (the one the you get to using the controller), its all nice and sharp and looks fine. Any ideas why the signal from my computer is coming out all blurry?
HackofAllTrades
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 02:04:36 AM »

Also, sort of unrelated, calibration doesn't seem to be working out quite right. Its right on in three out of four corners and it gets just *slightly* off in the lower right corner and for some reason in the middle left. Can calibration be thrown off by improper shielding?
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 09:38:37 AM »

Sounds like maybe your graphics card doesn't like the resolution. How are you connecting the screen (dvi/hdmi/vga/dp)?

Actually, is this screen from a netbook? sounds like it's a small screen resolution. If it is, is it still attached to the netbook?

Also which OS are you using?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:06:39 AM by Aerendraca » Logged
HackofAllTrades
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 03:37:56 AM »

I apologize for the late reply, the problem is mostly resolved. It turned out it was a viewing angle issue. It was the screen i used for the Tabletmod medium build. If viewed straight on like it is in the enclosure, it looks just fine, except whats to be expected for such a low resolution. Thank you anyway.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: