Bongofish
November 16, 2018, 11:34:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tabletbojangles  (Read 3247 times)
dancinbojangles
New Poster

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2007, 09:33:26 PM »

So, I'm definitely going to build one of these things, but right now I'm kind of waffling over what size to make it.  I can either go with a 9x12 tablet and 15" monitor, in which case I'd go with this monitor:

Which would cost me about 100 USD total, and has both DVI and VGA sockets.  That would be pretty cool, but the problem is that the resolution of 1024x768 is kinda small.  I suppose it would be adequate, but it certainly wouldn't be all that comfortable.

Alternately, I would use a 17" monitor built into a 12x12"  tablet.  In that case, I'd probably use this screen:

It would cost me about 200 USD in total, but would also have a very nice, comfortable 1280 x 1024 resolution.  Either way, though, I'd like to use an Intuos 3 tablet of appropriate size.  One potential problem is that, according to the calculated width and height of a 17" monitor in another section of this very forum, it would be wider than the active area of a 12x12 tablet.  I don't quite know how that works, if there's actually more area in the sensor than they say or not, but if it comes down to either having a smaller monitor or having part of is not touch-sensitive, I'd go with the former.  Anyone have any experience in this regard?
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 10:15:44 PM »

The sensor pickup is exactly 12 x 12. anything over that just doesn't happen.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
dancinbojangles
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 10:23:55 PM »

lame.  15" xga it is, then
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: