Bongofish
December 10, 2019, 08:08:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just aqquired a laptop.....  (Read 2393 times)
Wargasm
New Poster

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2007, 01:10:11 AM »

Hey. I have just had a laptop given. It's in perfect working order other than some keys in the qwerty area not functioning due to wine being spilled on it apparently. I was considering ripping it apart and using the screen to build my own screen tablet. i dont have a wacom, but i do have an old a4 nisis g6 which is a pretty decent tablet (although not as good as a wacom). Does having this laptop and the tablet mean i have everything i need at my disposal to complete my own build or would i have to purchase any other components?
Wargasm
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 04:30:49 AM »

ive done a little reasearch on here. Apparently my nisis tablet was rebranded aiptek, and there have been a couple of build attempts using the aiptek tablet. Unfortunatley they both were unsuccessful due to the displays getting damaged. Also, i noticed that even before the displays were damaged that there was alot of problems with jitter. Do you think this is to do with the tablet itself, either being of a different build or quality to the wacom brand or do you think it would be something fixable?

Anyways..... i would like it if someone could help me figure out the best way around this using just the components i have here (the tablet and fully working laptop). The things that are the most worrying are getting input and power to the display. I have another laptop that i would like to use the tablet with. The other laptop has a vga output so i was hoping that maybe it would be possible to create a cable to output from the laptop to the screen. As for the power, would it be possible to power the screen from the laptop it came from or just rip out the necessary components and use those to power it? As you can probably tell i have no experience with this kind of stuff, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 11:49:03 PM »

Laptop screen might be expensive to get working, unless you want to use it more like a tablet PC, and have it draw onto the laptop rather than having it as a second screen attached to a PC>

If you see what I mean.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: