Bongofish
November 22, 2019, 07:31:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Possible to use Intuos 5 for a build?
Yes - 0 (0%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Possible to use Intuos 5 for a build?  (Read 2055 times)
mindwork3d
New Poster

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2013, 04:50:37 AM »

Recently found about this forum, and after reading some of the builds here wanted to give it a try my self. I`m interested in building a system based on Intuos 5 but didn`t  see any builds based on that wanted to see if it`s doable at all?

Wanna try to use  intuos 5 Large and a 15.4 1920 lcd panel for the build, any info is highly appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toshiba-15-4-LCD-Display-Screen-Panel-LTD154EZ0C-1920-1200-30pin-/140824975152?pt=US_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item20c9d29730
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 06:42:42 AM »

I believe there is no reason why this wouldn't work since the intuos family (from i2) are fundamentally similar. I think the only reason you don't tend to see i5 builds is down to cost, being the latest generation they tend to be prohibitively expensive for a diy project. I did think that there was at least one i5 build on the forum? Perhaps i imagined it, maybe Bernard remembers?

the ltd154ezoc looks like a pretty standard screen and njytouch look like they have an lvds controller that will drive it, see http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=271225491821&index=0&nav=SEARCH&nid=14762986523

As with any person undertaking a diy cintiq build it is recommended that you read as many of the threads on here as you can and soak in as much information as possible, there are common pitfalls and you will read alot about jittering mouse pointers.

personally I'm rooting for you, i hope to see your i5 build in the build logs soon!
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 03:58:57 AM »

I think intuos4 and intuos5 look very much alike in terms of pen digitizing internals -- so there is a chance that where an intuos4 works, the intuos5 of the same size will. (in terms of jitter).  If you have a touch version, then that's another story.

(Ultrapads, Intuos, Intuos2, intuos3 and intuos4 are all different). The difference between intuos4 and 5 is probably stuff like size/aspect ratio/touch capabilities and external buttons.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: