test1
June 28, 2017, 04:35:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TabletMod L (sort of), Wood, Glass, Photoshop.  (Read 3430 times)
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« on: June 21, 2013, 05:16:29 PM »

This the Gallery of cool for my beast, a (big) variation on the TabletMod specs done using 7mm plywood, drill, arc welder and saw (and some other stuff).

Being an exercise in cabinet making, I decided to name it CabinetiQ... I already posted a thread in the successful build section ( http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=2311.new ) , so Iwill not go on here.

Suffice it to say, it is this beast

* CIMG1122.jpg (105.7 KB. 1920x1440 - viewed 910 times.)
and it works a little better than its owner.

As a proof of this affirmation, here I post a couple of sketches I made with the thing.

First essay

* girly.jpg (165.55 KB. 837x1200 - viewed 513 times.)

Second sketch

* Girly 2.jpg (245.87 KB. 975x1200 - viewed 525 times.)

I hope everybody likes these.

Thanks to everybody for every useful post I read in these days.

_DB

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 05:18:49 PM by DaBotz » Logged

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:59:56 AM »

great stuff!  I like the sketches!
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 06:03:46 AM »

I must have missed these when you posted them. Oldskool penmanship i love it! Nice work.
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 10:04:57 AM »

great stuff!  I like the sketches!

I must have missed these when you posted them. Oldskool penmanship i love it! Nice work.

Thanks, I really appreciate the praises. I did learn to draw on a 1920's manual, in effect (which is one of the reasons I do not care about rotatory stands: the author stressed the necessity to learn to draw without rotating the paper, as it avoids getting a lazy wrist - probably, it was just late XIX century sadism, the guy was ld when he wrote it) and Burne Hogarth's books (boje moi, that! was a MISTAKE).
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 01:15:24 PM by DaBotz » Logged

Jasonneinc
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 08:57:06 AM »

War: Is there a specific website or software that allows you too do all these cool photoshop pics.
What level of pc skills do you need to do this?
Pretty cool.....

DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 07:33:38 PM »

War: Is there a specific website or software that allows you too do all these cool photoshop pics.
What level of pc skills do you need to do this?
Pretty cool.....

I did these with, simply, Photoshop Elements and nothing more.

However, if you compare these with more recent works http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=2480, the inking is quite rough.

On one side, Photoshop (and its offshoots) is the WRONG software to draw lines, as it lacks a feature called "Stroke stabilization".

I think that at this time I was already using "Lazy Nezumi", which is a 3rd party stroke stabilizer for Windows, in its old, shareware version (today, the author charges quite a bit for the "modern version" of it; however, I would use it even if I had a Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD, and not the jittery thingy that replaced the Cabinetiq.

If you have a program with stroke stabilization, like Manga Studio ( 40 $ ) or GIMP (open source, works best in Linux, though) you may do without LNP.

I like to have it because I have hooked it up using a Macros program, so I have two keys in a wireless numeric pad to raise or lower the level of stabilization.

Also, LNP allows to "draw" the curve response of the pen (like the Linux driver) and compensate for the "horrible" curve of the Wacom pen.  

(By the way, The Linux driver also has an internal "stabilization" feature, called rawsample, that uses a moving window to average and filter out the pen noise, so, when I was using Linux, I could likewise raise or lower the stabilization with two keys, thriough a macroi program and a couple of shell scripts ).

I use a Macro programs that distinguishes between different keyboards (and mouses) called HIDMacros (Shareware), which allows me to use different numeric pads as they were different programmable keypads.

As a result, on my current Intuos 2 - based machine (no hotkeys on the Wacom tablet) I use two numeric pads and a keyboard, for a total of about a hundred hot-keys (to be honest, the limit is pretty much how many keys I manage to remember, not an issue of the program), using stickers to mark the effective use of each key.  

"What level of pc skills do you need to do this?"

I would say "not very much", after all it is just getting some programs and invest a bit of time in "tuning" things.

But lately, some friends made me notice that my idea of "nice, simple and easy" isn't exactly shared by the rest of the world.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:12:33 PM by DaBotz » Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: