Bongofish
December 11, 2019, 12:14:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help getting converted tablet working.  (Read 7572 times)
Owlgravy
New Poster

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2013, 04:51:53 PM »

Hello, I followed the tutorial here (http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1930.msg14215) to convert a UD-1218-R from serial to USB. Construction went well, testing as we went along, followed all the steps, so as far as we are aware the construction is good. Programming the teensy with waxbee also provided no problems or errors. The teensy has been tested and works.

The status light turns green when the pen is in contact
The tablet is being detected in the Wacom properties, but is not working beyond that, and the mapping tab is not showing up.

If it matters, I'm using Windows 7 x32.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 03:52:29 AM »

what is the ROM version of the UD tablet?  This can be seen on the white sticker inside or when you run WaxBee in debug mode.
Owlgravy
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 11:00:57 AM »

If it the sticker I think you mean, it says "UD1218 14200 WACOM".
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 04:58:08 PM »

yup, that is ROM version 1.4.x  (1.4.2) which is adequate. 

Maybe the Teensy cannot communicate with the Tablet (rx/tx serial connections).  To testify that, program the Teensy with a matching "debug" template (if no debug template for UD-1218-r is available, just pick a UD-1212-R, these two tablets are almost identical).

Then you need to use hid_listen to look at messages.  (http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/hid_listen.html)   Please copy the output you see. I am mostly interesting in the first messages. (You should be seeing the word "WaxBee" in there).

Notes: When in debug mode, the Teensy is no longer emulating a Wacom tablet. It is just doing the debug thing (can't do both at the same time).  Make sure you start hid_listen *before* powering the board (i.e. connecting the USB plug).
Owlgravy
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 08:33:33 PM »

Here you go.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 09:41:40 PM »

Alright, so it appears the teensy is talking to the tablet and the other way around. (it got the ROM version back from the tablet firmware -- which matches your white sticker).  When you use the pen in debug mode, does it output anything?

Ok, next step would be to check if HID packets are being sent out to your system.

For that, program a normal UD-1218-R to intuos2 template and run (my) Wacom HID packets listener tool that you can download from: https://code.google.com/p/waxbee/downloads/list

You do not need any driver on the machine for this tool to work. It is independent from Wacom's driver being installed or not.

Check if there are any meaningful output (using your pen). You can copy a snippet here maybe.

Owlgravy
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 09:50:06 PM »

Okay, was about to print screen the output, but it's now suddenly started working.
Might have been from the reprogramming.

Thanks for your time and indulgence and for the tutorial.  Smiley
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 09:51:47 PM »

lol, my little finger told me that maybe something of the sort would have happened.  Just for information, what OS are you using (and is it 32 or 64 bit)?
Owlgravy
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 09:57:08 PM »

Windows 7, 32 bit.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 10:10:19 PM »

happy sketching!  You have one huge tablet !!!
Owlgravy
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 04:28:03 PM »

One huge tablet, and one sudden lack of desk.
jonnyl
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 03:38:24 PM »

Just before I chuck everything out I thought I would ask for help.

All seems OK, teensy 2 wired in,  loaded the firmware for the UD 1218 to Intuos 2,  device manager detects an HID device but Wacom driver just says that a supported tablet cannot be found.

I tried following the above suggestions but all the Waxbee options to debug or test are greyed out.

any suggestions?

Thanks
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 10:00:52 PM »

Hi jonnyl, welcome!

Firstly let me just say that Bernard and the other members in this post don't appear to be present on the forum these days, and I myself have not used waxbee or indeed attempted to convert a serial tablet so my help here will be limited, however, in case there is a member reading this that knows the pitfalls, or a lurker that has had some success and would like to share, let's have a go and trying to work out what might be the matter.

So you have a UD1218 that you have attached a teensy running as an Intuos 2, correct? Here's a few questions:

Which operating system are you using?
Which Wacom driver are you using?
You're certain that you have wired everything correctly?
You've tried reprogramming as per Owlgravy's success?

That's enough questions for now.
jonnyl
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2015, 11:42:35 AM »

Hi,

Windows 7
WacomTablet_6.2.0w5 ( but I did try a later version as well)

I have tripple checked everything,  I even have two ud 1218 tablets so I tried the other one with the same result. 
The power is on the tablet and the light goes green with the pen.
The teensy works fine as far as I can tell (I can reprogram a blink program) 

I cant detect anything from the HID listen tools or the wacom HID tool.

Oh well, it was worth a go!
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2015, 12:52:30 PM »

I know it might seem a little counter intuitive, but did you also try an older 'Legacy' driver such as the 6.1.2-5? - here:http://us.wacom.com/en/support/legacy-drivers/

If you can't detect anything with HID listen then something is wrong with the Teensy programming or the wiring so you can scratch my above comment (but keep it in mind for later maybe). The wacom digitizer churns out lots of HID information when the light goes green so you would definitely see something. From what I've read the Baud rate should be set to 19200, you've tried this?

Have you seen this post: http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=1927.msg18004#msg18004

It appears to discuss the very issue you are having trouble with.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: