Bongofish
December 08, 2019, 07:45:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Experimenting with the HP 2710p Tablet PC digitizer (SU-12W18A-01X)  (Read 100809 times)
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2013, 02:13:01 AM »

With the red power lines going to the left side of the screen connector:
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2013, 02:35:39 AM »

Send them that picture. Along with a picture of both ends connected so they see how this is connected and how it looks.

I assume you do not see the OSD -- or does the OSD menu make any difference in the lines?

B.
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2013, 05:04:15 AM »

Nope, no difference with the OSD on or off. 
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2013, 07:08:30 AM »

But the OSD does show up?

I would normally suggest at this point that one of the ribbon cables going to the screen has slightly pulled away, but you haven't taken the screen apart yet, hmm.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:12:57 AM by Aerendraca » Logged
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2013, 07:19:41 AM »

No, the OSD does not show up.  There is no picture.

ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2013, 09:32:01 PM »

The seller is sending me another kit to try out.  Hopefully that one works.

In the meantime, does anyone have an opinion on shielding materials?  RF boxes are tin plated steel but they are a bit costly, I can get an aluminum enclosure with 1/8" thick walls for far cheaper.  Here is a thread I made about it - http://forum.bongofish.co.uk/index.php?topic=2335.msg19270
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2013, 07:48:01 AM »

That's great news, hopefully this will resolve your problem. I've replied to you other post regarding materials.
molgarrion
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 23, 2013, 04:34:52 PM »

First off great work.  I have been originally following Trashie, but I recently stumbled upon your build.  Currently I have two digitizers from a couple of Toshiba tablets, they have different serial numbers but the boards on the digitizer match the boards from Throwing Chickens, wires and all.  I just ordered my Teensy and am going to give it a go.  Will post revised numbers and hope to start a build thread.  Thanks for all the work with yours, between you and Trashie I have been tinkering with each method, since my connectors, and cables appear to be an exact match to throwing chickens digitizer, I figure I will move ahead with the serial to USB method.  Thanks
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:48:59 PM by molgarrion » Logged
molgarrion
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 24, 2013, 07:00:59 AM »

Teensy was in when I got home... contol board numbers match... ran through and connected everything, loaded teensy and thedrivers bernard mentioned and it works... just have what appears to be a buffering issue. Pen down moves, clicks, buttons and eraser all work.  However, cursor stops moving until pen is removed and placed back... hid output show continuous data stream and cursor position change until out of range even when it has paused on the screen. 
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 24, 2013, 01:42:37 PM »

"hid output" -- you mean using a hid tracing tool (like my "Wacom USB HID packet tracer") -- so that would be the output of the Teensy. Yes, it generates an endless stream of data (when the pen is in proximity) -- this is what the Wacom driver expects -- else it thinks something is wrong and "removes" the pen.

Instead try the "debug mode". Use a ISDV4 template but with the word "debug" in it.  Then use the hid_listen tool from prjc.com to see the output messages. Note that in debug mode, the Teensy is not emulating a Wacom, so do not expect the mouse to move! Smiley  Start the hid_listen *before* connecting the USB so we catch the first messages (where it says "Bzz! Bzz!"). To not clutter the output perform only the simplest moves "that fails" (sticky pen you said?) and send us the output for further analysis. One way to do this is to redirect the output (stdout) to a file using >.  Something like:

hid_listen.exe > out.txt

There isn't a lot of people using the Teensy in ISDV4 mode, so I am not surprised if there are a few hickups, but I would expect the "basic" to work correctly nonetheless. Let's see what the Teensy has to say about it (i.e. debug mode).
molgarrion
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2013, 06:30:03 PM »

Will take care of it next chance I get.  Also, it was mentioned that there could be a conflict with the usb emulation setting in the bios.  I will try that first then change it back and produce the output log.
molgarrion
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 04, 2013, 04:20:41 AM »

Ran the Hid_listen tool with the penabled debug loaded and output the following attached file.
In debug it is showing that it has not failed (sticky pen).  However, when the penabled intuos is loaded into the teensy 2, the cursor moves(both pen and eraser) and the button clicks are identified as well as the press pen to screen button.  However, after about 2-3 seconds it freezes until I pull the pen away and place it near the screen again.

* output_isdv_debug.txt (55.26 KB - downloaded 218 times.)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2013, 02:32:48 PM »

Looking at the trace, absolutely nothing works. Well -- you *are* receiving something -- which probably means you have the RX connected OK.
The first line:

Pressure Max=248, X Max=39993, Y Max=7139, Has Tilt: Tilt X Max=40, Tilt Y Max=13, Version=1245 

has totally invalid values and afterwards, no packets were decoded. (when one is decoded, you see messages about it -- now you only see the bytes on the wire without anything).   I am actually surprised you get the mouse to move! 

My guess: the baud rate speed is wrong.  Or maybe for that "debug template" the speed was different.

Next step:  either try to randomly change the baud rate (NORMAL and INITIAL) in the configuration (there are only a handful of choices) or we can try to turn the Teensy into a virtual serial port (special .hex file to flash) and do more analysis.

molgarrion
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2013, 06:02:17 PM »

I will look at the various baud rate configurations.  So far the baud combinations I have tried, were with the intuos template and the device became unresponsive.  I have not yet tried to output the debug information for the different bauds, and will do that next chance I get.  I know it is not an issue with the digitizer as both that I have create the same response.

The sticking was there on the first digitizer, but when I switched the cable to the other one it worked for almost 30 seconds without freezing, once it started freezing the removal of the pen from the tablet would begin to decrease the time between freezing. 

Will post revised info after my next tests
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2013, 06:09:14 PM »

Intuos template?  This is an ISDV4 device you have no?  (Wacom TabletPC penenabled/digitizer)

Of course the wrong baud rate normally means *nothing* works -- not that it works a little.  So it is puzzling.  For sure that debug trace shows that it was not working.  In these cases, you have to walk before you run, so the debug output must work before you can turn on the full thing.  What is the "working" baud rate?  (there are only 3 choices:  9600, 19200 and 38400)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: