Bongofish
December 08, 2019, 01:18:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  
Author Topic: Experimenting with the HP 2710p Tablet PC digitizer (SU-12W18A-01X)  (Read 100794 times)
molgarrion
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2013, 09:59:58 PM »

Sorry, didn't clarify, the intuos driver was the ISDV4 Penabled Intuos 12x18 template.

So far I have been able to get a response from both 19200 and 38400, I will run a series of tests using the penabled debug template and try the various combinations.  I will create an output for each and log the trials.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2013, 11:10:19 PM »

Intuos: Ah yes, my bad. Of course, you were talking about what it is emulating on the USB side.  In "debug" mode it does not really matter anyways. It would produce a different debug output, but nothing special.

Working with two baud rates? That's a bit weird for ISDV4.  My experience is that an ISDV4 board would either be at 19200 or 38400 (but not both).  38400 baud being more popular.

So for your board, I would pick 38400 first. The typical values for pressure is 255 and no support for tilt (and if there is support, it is always a -60..+60 degrees max). The max X and max Y must have a ratio that "fit" the tablet size ratio.   39993 and 7139 (~40:7) is out of wack. Also we should see additional messages about the pen going up and down and X/Y position, etc.

If all fails, the next step is to setup the virtual serial port (flash the .hex found in https://code.google.com/p/waxbee/downloads/list ) and use a serial terminal emulation software (like RealTerm, Putty or TeraTerm).   Then you can enter ISDV4 commands manually. ( http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=ISDV4_Protocol )  -- for example 0 and 1 (to stop and start sending pen data) and * to query the board.  Of course you will receive binary output (i.e. garbled text). But you can test that the 0 works by moving the pen and checking that data is not being generated. (and then try "1" to see if you have data appearing).  With RealTerm you can use "Hex" display to see the bytes in binary format.   When you see that the commands 0 and 1 works, that means the baud rate is correct.
molgarrion
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2013, 02:34:44 AM »

Through the virtual serial port, I have a 0 and 1 response from baud rate 38400. However, the debug driver is still producing the same results.

I did export a Wacom_hid_dump-0-1e from the penabled intuos driver and was able to export the stream.  I'm still trying to see when exactly the cursor stopped moving but it happened towards the end of this stream.

* output_debug_38400_001.txt (27.23 KB - downloaded 214 times.)
* output_debug_19200_001.txt (1.77 KB - downloaded 191 times.)
* output_debug_9600_001.txt (2.74 KB - downloaded 216 times.)
* output_wacomhiddump_penabledIntuos_38400.txt (24.79 KB - downloaded 184 times.)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:46:50 AM by molgarrion » Logged
molgarrion
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2013, 03:07:02 AM »

did a quick test with the penabled debug template.  When using the penabled isdv4 intuos template I noticed it was set to Wacom protocol 5 and the debug was set at protocol 4, when setting the baud rate to 38400 and the protocol to 5 on the debug template I was able to actually produce something of use I think.

* output_debug_38400_protocol5.txt (38.43 KB - downloaded 218 times.)
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: October 07, 2013, 04:40:03 PM »

So I got the replacement controller in and it it doesn't produce an image either, and the replacement gets hot while the first one did not.  I don't know what to do.  Either they can't support my monitor, the monitor is dead, or they are incompetent. 

With the replacement I ordered a controller kit for the LP150E05 (A2)(K1) monitor.  This one is pretty standard and has been supported for a very long time, but even that was programed incorrectly and the image was all messed up.  Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTjTIE00oU4

Notice how the image is jittery and doesn't fill up the entire screen.  So I am done with this seller and have reordered from NJYTouch.  Unfortunately he does not have the controller kit for the SU-12W18A-01X so I don't know what is going to happen with this project.  If someone finds a compatible kit let me know. 
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 07, 2013, 05:40:33 PM »

Looking at the 3 debug outputs, it is clear that the bytes seen with the 38400 baud are, by far, much closer to being good.  So 38400 it is, no need to persue with the other speeds.

I assume you modified both the initial and normal baud rate. (in the case of ISDV4 only one is looked at, I think the normal one).

I do not have much time to look at it with more details right now. I'll try to get to it when I can. You might want to try older versions of WaxBee like waxbee-0-12a.zip for example. Just for the kicks of it -- it might output different debug messages. I am quite surprised not to see much messages in there actually.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 07, 2013, 06:08:33 PM »

I examined the code a bit closer.

At the begining, the trace seem to be missing a portion (or something is not right). It's quite weird actually. I would have expected a line like "Sending *...". It is screwed up because it seems we do not have the whole packet. Maybe there is too much information to output in too little time and the USB logic can't keep up (there isn't a big buffer in there).

If you can read source code, the ISDV4 logic is here: https://code.google.com/p/waxbee/source/browse/WaxB_Adb2Usb/isdv4_serial.cpp  I am expecting you to pick the template :  "Penenabled ISDV4 Debug.tmpl.txt"  with the only modification of using 38400 baud (the INITIAL is ignored for ISDV4, only the NORMAL is used, but there is no harm in setting both to 38400).
molgarrion
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 08, 2013, 06:45:42 PM »

I will output the debug again... I tried another wacom driver, from wacom's site and it works without major issue.  So I will dump another debug file
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: October 22, 2013, 01:00:45 AM »

Ran the Hid_listen tool with the penabled debug loaded and output the following attached file.
In debug it is showing that it has not failed (sticky pen).  However, when the penabled intuos is loaded into the teensy 2, the cursor moves(both pen and eraser) and the button clicks are identified as well as the press pen to screen button.  However, after about 2-3 seconds it freezes until I pull the pen away and place it near the screen again.
I had the same experience with you. I don't remember the solution exactly. In my memory, i changed the pressure level, and reboot the system. It was solved magically.
Maybe I modified baud rate?? I do not remember clearly, but anyway it worked out after rebooting the computer. I dont understaned what happened.
In addition, I soldered onto the pin directly.
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: October 22, 2013, 01:06:24 AM »

So I got the replacement controller in and it it doesn't produce an image either, and the replacement gets hot while the first one did not.  I don't know what to do.  Either they can't support my monitor, the monitor is dead, or they are incompetent. 

With the replacement I ordered a controller kit for the LP150E05 (A2)(K1) monitor.  This one is pretty standard and has been supported for a very long time, but even that was programed incorrectly and the image was all messed up.  Check it out - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTjTIE00oU4

Notice how the image is jittery and doesn't fill up the entire screen.  So I am done with this seller and have reordered from NJYTouch.  Unfortunately he does not have the controller kit for the SU-12W18A-01X so I don't know what is going to happen with this project.  If someone finds a compatible kit let me know. 
First of all, the resolution between your LCD and LP150E05 is totally different. Yours is wide screen while the other is 4:3 screen with 1440x1050. That is why the screen cannot be filled fully.
My suggestion is that you order the controller for the other monitors which have the same resolution with your LCD with same lvds pin ordering.
The jittery screen is normal when you have wrong controller. So, the screen looks ok. Hope you could find another controller which fits to your screen.
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: October 22, 2013, 01:17:18 AM »

First of all, the resolution between your LCD and LP150E05 is totally different. Yours is wide screen while the other is 4:3 screen with 1440x1050. That is why the screen cannot be filled fully.
My suggestion is that you order the controller for the other monitors which have the same resolution with your LCD with same lvds pin ordering.
The jittery screen is normal when you have wrong controller. So, the screen looks ok. Hope you could find another controller which fits to your screen.

Well the LP150E05 *shouldn't* be a problem as it has been supported for a very long time now, but they still managed to send me one that would not process the image correctly.  I have ordered a replacement from another source and it should hopefully be here sometime this week. 

As for the controller kit for the SU-12W18A-01X, I don't know what I am going to do.  There was one other seller who said he could support it, although his kit cost 2-3X more than the other.  I might give it a try, or I might just have to abandon this build and just focus on the LP150E05. 
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 22, 2013, 07:48:35 AM »

Huh I am confused, perhaps you can clarify. You have the panel from the HP 2710P which is a 12.1" 1280x800 WXGA panel, but you are trying to control it with a controller kit programmed to work with an LP150E05?

As bumhee34 said, the LP150E05 panel is a 15" 1400x1050 SXGA+ which is not compatible with the HP 2710P at all. If my summary here is wrong, please do clarify as I hate to see someone get stuck at the first hurdle.

If my summary is correct then this explains why you cannot see a clear image and may also explain why the controller is getting hot as it is working harder than it should and presumably pushing more current. I would advise stopping use of this controller with your panel before you damage something. Your options from here are: 1.find a controller which can drive your panel (ie resolution matched, bit matched, refresh rate matched etc). 2. buy a LP150E05 for use with this controller.
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2013, 07:22:34 AM »

No, two different panels, three different controllers (two for the SU-12W18A-01X and one for the LP150E05), all from the same seller and none of them work with right with their respective panels. 
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2013, 09:32:05 AM »

Ok, well that makes a bit more sense. Perhaps it might help us to help you if you listed all the screens with there respective controllers to see if we can pick up on something that has been overlooked?
ThrowingChicken

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2013, 07:17:26 AM »

I've gone over the SU-12W18A-01X (actually the HV121WX5-110, SU is the digitizer) previously, but the controller for the LP150E05 was purchased when the seller was sending me a replacement for the first HV121WX5-110 controller that didn't work.  I only noted it because not a single controller this seller sent me worked right.  They were very kind and easy to deal with, but I guess what I am saying is stick with NJYTouch.  The seller refunded me all of my money and I bought a controller for the LP150E05 from NJYTouch (unfortunately they did not carry one for the HV121WX5-110) and it arrived yesterday and works perfectly fine.  The NJYTouch board was also programed in English, which the other board was not. 

I will have to start a new thread for the LP150E05 build.  There is at least one more eBay seller that claims they can support the HV121WX5-110 panel, but it's double the price and I've kind of lose steam on this project.    Depending on how the LP150E05 Wacom Intuos build goes I may revisit later, or if someone else finds a working controller kit I might get interested again. 
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
  Print  

Jump to: