test1
September 20, 2017, 06:42:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: monitor led strip problem  (Read 2541 times)
kaikaisushi
New Poster

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2013, 04:45:45 PM »

* IMG_0830.JPG (382.44 KB. 600x803 - viewed 343 times.)
" alt="" border="0" />

Hi i have a problem, I want to flip the circuit board from the panel so it could be outside and would not disturb the sensor. The white led strip cable doesn't allow me to do so. Is there a way to reposition it? Cut it and resolder with copper wires? O_o Thanks!!

Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:16:34 PM »

I would think this is entirely possible as they are led backlights. If they were ccfl there can be issues with extending, but since this is not the case just match the guage of the existing wire (or go a bit bigger) and make longer. Be aware that lengthening the wire increases it's resistance, so making a really long wire is likely to noticeably dim the leds, this will also happen if you use a guage of wire which is smaller in diameter than the original, and making that longer further increases it's resistance and may get very hot as well as dimming your led backlight.
kaikaisushi
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 05:44:49 PM »

Thanks for reply! can u suggest a low resistant wire if possible? Thanks!!
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 08:40:59 PM »

I don't know how thick the wire you have is, but i would imagine some cheap speaker wire would do the trick.
kaikaisushi
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:18:32 PM »

Ah ok thanks for help Azn Shall try to solder it when i get back.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: