Bongofish
November 22, 2019, 01:12:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting with a INtuos5 touch  (Read 2146 times)
Random123
New Poster

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »

Hi, I'm new and I have no idea where and how to start or if its even possible with an intuos5 touch medium.

I've browsed through this forum and I mostly see post on progress or troubleshooting midway by guise who know what they're doing. Is there any foolproof step by step guide for a dunderhead? I've seen the tabletmod site but I dunno if its necessary to spend money there.

Basically I don't need anything fancy. Just something with good resolution (I'm willing to splurge on the LCD if it will help) and no jitters or anyproblems, looks nice, and can easily be put in and taken out as needed if I want to use the regular tablet.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 02:02:10 PM »

Sounds like you are asking exactly what 90% of people here are asking.  Grin  And no, there is no "working recipe" nor "tutorial" and certainly no guarantee that it will work (especially the jitter portion or fatal LCD breaking). There are so many variants of tablets and especially LCDs that it is hard to be lucky to pickup the same parts. Often the same LCD monitor might have different LCD panel component inside(!).

NOTE: Using a "touch" tablet will of course remove the "touch" portion since you are going to have a LCD in front of the tablet. Something to think about.

The only way to try to remove much of the uncertainty from a build is to find a successful build on this forum that matches what you want and matches parts that you can find in a price range that suits you.  Lots of reading ahead. :-) 

There are always alternatives to Wacoms that are not "fancy" that you can buy instead. If you can afford it, that is often the best option for someone that is not a tinkerer.
Random123
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:22:22 PM »

So do you think I could go with an intuos4 medium build as a guide? Or would it be best to buy plans of tabletmod?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: