Bongofish
November 21, 2019, 05:33:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with calibration with waxbee  (Read 20285 times)
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2013, 01:24:48 AM »

If this is not enough, I need to modify waxbee template. In that case, should i only modify slave size? or USB also?
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2013, 03:05:18 AM »

What is the smallest "Count" you can achieve (do not drag the handles using the mouse, try to type a few numbers until you find the smallest)?

I have issues here and can't try it on my machine at the moment.

bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2013, 05:16:35 AM »

These are minimum differences I can get. They are around 3000.

* mm.JPG (34.59 KB, 393x527 - viewed 275 times.)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2013, 04:40:05 PM »

ok, now if you draw on the jsfiddler page, what do you see?

I might be forced to build an app to analyse this further. But time is on essence here, I'll try to think what can be done.
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2013, 05:22:02 AM »

Same as before.

* dd.JPG (149.12 KB, 1395x1038 - viewed 274 times.)
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2013, 02:30:28 AM »

Update.

I am pretty sure that it is not the problem of wacom board.

I am working with another wacom board from TC4200, cause one of my friends asked me to mod it.

After soldering and emulating, this different board from what i have, also shows jitter-like lines when drawing.

Maybe is this problem from OS? I am using win 8 64 bit, but no clue that it is coming from OS. Maybe I need to test on another OS.

Before testing on another OS, I tested with another VGA cable (I've used DVI cable) still no luck.
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2013, 08:47:34 AM »

jitter: If you didn't already, you can try with the digitizer alone (no LCD in the way). 

Can you explain a little bit better what is the jitter you are seeing exactly. It is not clear which part is jitter and which is not. (make an overlay of what is supposed to be the expected output).

Does the jitter appear to always be from one axis only? (X or Y)
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2013, 01:40:55 AM »

Tried with digitizer alone, but same.

Looks both axis have jitter lines.

I upload the capture, and circled with red line that i think jitter-like lines are. (the circle is done not by pen. don't misunderstand)

* jit.JPG (47.07 KB, 826x601 - viewed 275 times.)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2013, 04:00:26 AM »

ok, I trust you when you say you have jitter, but I cannot appreciate/understand the effect from your analysis.   

One way to test is to not move the pen (put it in a plastic container or a in a glass or in ceramic cup or anything else that can make it stands relatively vertically with no influence from your hand) and see if the mouse on screen never seem to stop moving/jumping erratically around the pen.  Another way to test is to make straight lines with a ruler. 

Another thing: -- do you have more jitter when applying more pressure?

I did a fix recently but I did not publish that version. I can send you that version privately for you to try.  If we are loosing bytes on the serial port, this is (supposed to) fix it. This version has not been extensively tested and may not work very well, but, on the other hand, it might actually make a difference!  Who knows.
bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2013, 04:50:54 AM »

I can say that there is no jitter at all. That is why I am using the term "jitter-like".
There is no movement of mouse points when the pen is stagnant, but it only appears when I draw the line.
I checked the new waxbee, but still no luck.
The pressure effect is negligible.
And for the help, I attached the drawing on photoshop.
In this case, the lines are better maybe due to algorithm, but still u can see jitter-like lines compared to other wacom tablets.

* jit2.JPG (37.3 KB, 738x529 - viewed 264 times.)
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2013, 02:29:22 PM »

Sorry, until I see a more clear evidence of what is "wrong", I won't be able to help you. Something I can verify like "making" a straight lines with a ruler for instance (something I can compare) -- here you are just highlighting piece of letters. Like I said: I cannot make the difference between your intention and the "jitter"!  These look like normal hand-drawn letters.

Reduce your issue to the smallest and simplest stroke possible.  A stroke when I can clearly see the issue.

Have you tried lazy nezumi ?  Some people appreciate what it does.

If your line is "too long" then have you played with the Wacom pressure settings to cutoff at the "good moment"?

If you have an algorithm in your head that could help you out and cannot be done with other means, then I might be able to pull it off within WaxBee.

bumhee34

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2013, 04:53:54 AM »

Here, you can see the problem clear.

The lines are drawn using ruler, and as you can see the lines are now smooth.

I mean there are something like step-jump during drawing (red circles).

This must be the problem of low resolution of the wacom sensor board. And as we discussed before, the debug mode gives us wrong resolution information.

I think waxbee or something else might interpret the signals from the wacom board "wrong". This is not my filed, so i cannot modify something to cure this.

* b.JPG (24.56 KB, 691x516 - viewed 286 times.)
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2013, 11:33:17 AM »

Hmm, this is interesting. Do these little ramps appear in the same place every time?

You use PhotoShop right? So, I would try sticking a ruler to the screen with some tape (so you can keep the path the same), draw a line on a blank canvas zoomed to 100%, then where the ramps appear use the guides to mark their position. Once done erase the line and draw again, see if it happens in the same place. Alternatively, draw lines of 1px width changing the colour after each stroke, then see if you can notice any color other than the last colour you used; make sure you use colours that have good contrast against each other and against the background.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 11:35:24 AM by Aerendraca » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2013, 05:28:08 PM »

Ok -- let's try again using the same jsfiddle . I did this to show "single pixel dots" only -- no lines. The  "lines" "fudges" the reading. We cannot make a good analysis of what really is happening.

http://jsfiddle.net/SAEfU/

Please do the following. It should be very easy to do:

#1- Do many lines using a ruler -- do the lines very slowly to avoid skipping pixels, and be extremely careful to stick to the ruler.

#2- Attempt to "fill" a small region with pixels to make it a solid color -- just by drawing pixels. If we are "skipping" pixels, that means some pixels you cannot access and you won't be able to fill a region.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 05:39:30 PM by bernard » Logged
bernard
Administrator

pato mania

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »

That jsfiddle will only test at the "pixel" accuracy. To see if we are "skipping pixels".

I believe in Photoshop you can get "sub-pixel accuracy" which is something I am not sure how to test (yet).  And that could be related to your issue.  Once we are clear that we are -- or are not -- skipping pixels, then we can look further. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: