Bongofish
December 14, 2019, 06:32:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some cable help.  (Read 2478 times)
Wargasm
New Poster

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:26:36 PM »

I,ve made a little progress with my build. As you may know im using laptop components and im confused with the input/power cable. Here it is...

http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?image=whatcabless3.jpg

Any idea what cable that is? The left is the connection from the motherboard or vga (not sure) and the right is the input to the LCD. This obviousley provides both power and display output as the only other cable is for the backlight. After figuring out which cable it is, the next question would be is there such a cable to convert it to connect to a regular vga or svideo output of my other laptop and external power supply, or how would i go about extending it and modifying it myself for regular vga output on external power supply?
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:47:35 PM »

I believe that's a connector for an LVDS thingy.
I think a driver board for this is quite expensive.   

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Wargasm
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:43:17 AM »

Damnit. I really should have researched more before i disected a perfectly good laptop heh. Oh well, ill go the route you suggested in my other thread and just run the screen from the laptop. The laptop is completely stripped of its case and any unneeded components (dvd rom, keyboard, touchpad etc). Whats left of it is pretty small. although i wish it was small enough to fit in the tablets casing:P. A small external case would be fine and save a ton of hassle. After all i would have had to have an external power block which i wouldnt think would be that much smaller than whats left of my laptop. Theres still some other things i can remove such as speakers. I mean, photoshop isnt very musical nowadays is it;). I can also sit the harddrive on top to keep the size down. I guess all i need to do is stick a bigger of of memory in it (256mb atm) and it should be fine. Anyways, back to my build log to report on a major problem Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: