Bongofish
June 24, 2018, 02:11:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: defect monitors  (Read 2531 times)
rudeboy
« on: February 05, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »

heya!
I was looking for defect monitors on ebay and i was wondering for what i have to look.

I read the dead backlight-thing in the "tutorial" from the mainpage and obviously it's no use bidding on a tft with a knife through the display.
but what about black bars? are they easy to fix? (i.e. a new cable or something)
and little cracks in the display? let's say from falling on an edge? can you replace the display? do you even need it(hehe I guess I didn't read every sentence in the tutorial)?
I'm looking forward for some advice.
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:45:06 PM »

Any damage to the screen itself should be treated as final, in fact it's probably better to go for a monitor that is working, you'll need a working backlight at some point, and the prices are dropping all the time.

Older monitors may be better than newer ones, there's a possibility that newer monitors with higher refresh rates cause "jitter".   We don't really know what causes jitter, but that might be part of it at least.

Possibly.

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Chems

He Who Dares Draws on a DIY Cintiq

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 12:22:42 AM »

I dont think theres any need to go for a completely knackered unit, your better of spending 20quid more on a working model. My Monitor cost me 50quid and was a perfect working unit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: