Bongofish
December 05, 2019, 11:23:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can attach photos hosted by the forum rather than using an external image hosting site, this means they will stay forever and not disappear after a year or two.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My strokes on my Intuos3 A4 are weavy  (Read 1923 times)
Moldu
New Poster

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2014, 08:48:10 AM »

Hello everybody, it's not directly DIY Cintiq-related, but I have a big problem: when I draw on my Intuos3 A4, the strokes are very weavy if I draw diagonally...
It's very irritating since I can't use the tablet to draw and so, I won't be able to make my DIY Cintiq (BTW I have already purchased the screen etc...)  

I have done a gif: http://gyazo.com/e183332ab5899cfd03b887c5a7e613ec

You can see that even if I draw with a ruler, it's very very weavy...
If I draw very quickly, I haven't this problem, and I haven't it either if I draw vertically or horizontally.

I don't understand, I have been using this tablet for two weeks without any problem.
Good to know: some days ago, I have put a lcd panel on the tablet in order to see if it works (it worked but with jitters). It would be suprising if it turns out to be the reason, but I don't think so, I have just placed the screen on the tablet and I haven't dismantled it...

What I have done:

- uninstalled/reinstalled the last driver;
- unplugged the tablet and tried to plug it in a other usb port;
- closed/reopened Photoshop and tried on others programs;
- tried on another computer (Windows 7 instead of Windows 8.1 );
- changed the nib;
- tried to draw with the eraser;
- tried with antoher Intuos3 pen;
- and finally, installed an older driver;

Nothing works unfortunately, I really don't know what to do, I'm stuck and I can't buy another Intuos3, can anyone help me? I need it...

Edit: I have this problem even with the Intuos3 mouse, so I guess it comes from the tablet, is the sensor board already dead after two weeks?!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 08:53:45 AM by Moldu » Logged
DaBotz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 04:41:24 PM »

Can you get your hands on another pen?

Looks a lot like a phenomenon that I read about, that happens on the Intuos 2, when their stylus go out of RF tuning (there is a screw under their stylus buttons, to rectify it) with the tablet.

The most incredible artist of... Barbanza?
Moldu
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »

Hello,

the pen hasn't any screw, so even if it were the problem I couldn't fix it.

Actually I have solved the problem: I have dismantled the tablet and replaced correctly the sensor baord. It was not correctly put you know, because of a little "clip" on the side of the tablet, now it works, thank you for helping me, I'm waiting for my screen and my controller board now. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: