Bongofish
November 14, 2019, 05:00:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: XPC 1700 from P-active  (Read 13544 times)
bubbaflamm

Living Life at Random

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 05:01:47 AM »

i emailed them after reading this thread, but was told "unit price of XPC-1700 is USD850 plus FedEx transportation charge is around USD250 the total amount is USD1,100."  obviously not as good a deal as you got klaus.
rotoplooker
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 11:21:33 PM »

After emailing my enquiry (from the UK) about buying direct,the initial reply was :USD750.00 plus extra USD260 by FedEx to UK.
BUT... after two days,I was informed that ;
 'We unable to sell the LCD to you, because we have signed a contract with Recommbs'
 Recommbs is the UK's only distributor of the XPC 1700,and their price is the equiv' of   Shocked USD 1,584.89 !!  Shocked
so Klaus,it seems you are lucky NOT having a local distributor!

klaus
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 10:06:51 AM »

Yeah, it seems like I got a special deal at the because they had no resellers in sweden. They informed today that the price has changed to about 850 USD. I am sure the price can change alot depending on alot of circumstances.

It's definetly worth the money. It's a great tool.

Klaus
dynam1c

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 11:38:12 PM »

Klaus become a distributor for Europe  Wink

Even if you charged a further $250 it would still be cheaper for UK peeps then getting it from Recommbs
tokidokizenzen
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2007, 04:40:38 PM »

Hi Klaus
That thing looks like a great solution. Wacom could use a little competition to bring their prices down. It's too bad though that it doesn't support tilt, this is a feature I started using a lot more lately.
Dom
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2008, 07:17:26 PM »

Hi

So I finally came about to find somebody who owns a XPC tablet. Smiley

I need to know if it works well with openCanvas4, Anime Studio Pro5, Corel Painter 8, Photoshop 7, and ArtWeaver. Can you try it for me please ?
Do you know if the driver works with old Windows 2000 ?
Is the pen heavy due to the battery ?
Does the battery move in the pen when you draw fast ?

I am afraid of battery pen tablets, it's a real shame that only Wacom make battery-free pens. I had a Lifetec (called Aiptek or Trust or Medion in some other countries) some years ago that needed a AAA battery in the pen. The battery used to move inside the pen while I was drawing fast so the cursor was jumping... I had to change battery every two months, and I broke the little metal stick that holds the battery...... It was really not a good tablet, the cursor was always dancing and I never was able to draw any good thing with it....  I love my actual intuos 100000000 times more.

I actually use a cool Wacom Intuos 3 A5 (~12'') but I really would prefer a lcd tablet. Since I am not a professional graphics yet (I try to become one Wink ) I can't buy any crazy priced Cintiq. I read this website because I think about making a homemade cintiq-like tablet using my intuos and a 12'' screen, but I am afraid of broking everything...  Undecided
Drewid
Administrator

wielder of electric crayons

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 09:44:56 PM »

It might be worth emailing klaus seeing as this thread is more than a year old.   Grin

Games work site:  Drewnorthcott.co.uk
Personal site: Bongofish.co.uk
Dom
New Poster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 06:42:23 PM »

Bad news, I got a reply from them, it is 957€ ( ~758£ ~$1506) to get it...  Far too expensive for me, I give up.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: