Bongofish
December 14, 2019, 06:09:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DVI doesn't allow V and H positioning ?  (Read 2392 times)
doghateburger
New Poster

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:23:01 PM »

Hey guys, just wanted to check, for those who use NYJtouch controllers, when you switch to DVI, are you still able to adjust the V and H position of the screen? For some reason my is greyed out when I use DVI. Just wanted to check if its just me, cuase I'm having a hard time calibrating the screen without being able to adjust that.
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 01:20:34 PM »

Sorry, I only just noticed your post.

While I have an NJYTouch controller I haven't actually used it yet so I can't speak from experience, but I can say that not being able to adjust V & H in DVI mode makes sense to me since in digital mode you are taking bits of information and translating this to an image, therefore in order to adjust the amount of image displayed you would need some additional circuitry that can read the bits and make changes, and since there is not really much call for LCD manufacturers to do this for the most part they don't. In VGA mode it is the timing controller of the LCD panel that decides how to translate the analog signal which seems to me makes adjusting V & H a trivial task.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: