test1
April 29, 2017, 04:27:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You may have to login twice the first time,  but we don't know why - Erm I mean it's a security thing yeah that's it - security.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the LP150E05 panel have good colors?  (Read 1936 times)
Moldu
New Poster

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2014, 01:58:49 PM »

Hello, I'm new in the DIY Cintiq world and I do want to build my own cintiq with an Intuos3 9*12 and a LP150E05 panel (like the K-jintiq ha ha).

However, I'm quite worried regarding the color quality of this screen. I've read the screen has only a 6-bit display, so it can display 262K colors, and I guess for a graphic usage it's not enough.

Is it enough? Is there a better 15" screen (whitout metal parts). If so, can you give me the reference of a suitable controller board ?

Thanks you, I can't wait to start building, even though I know I shouldn't rush! Smiley
Moldu
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 10:01:35 AM »

Sadly, this forum is almost dead... Sad
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »

The trouble is Moldu that your question relates to a build that was posted some time ago, and sadly once people have completed their builds they tend to vanish into the ether (all bar a small minority). With that in mind you might be hard pushed to find someone that has used this exact panel that is still on the forum, and given the huge number of panels on the market I would not like to comment about the quality of this particular one since I have no experience of it. It is true that 6-bit screens are not as good in terms of colour representation against higher bit panels, but it all comes down to what you intend to use if for; If you are planning on doing colour crucial work such as photo editting then you'll probably want an 8-bit panel to get your full 16million colours, if you're just doing web based stuff or sketching it's probably not going to matter too much.

This forum is perhaps not as active as a lot of others but the skill base that is around is pretty extensive, sometimes you could be waiting a while for a reply it's just the nature of the beast.

Hope that helps.
Moldu
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 03:25:59 PM »

Thank you for answering me, the problem is that I searched for a 15" 4:3 lcd panel with a 8-bit display (or at least 6-bit+FRC) but I haven't found anything, it looks like it doesn't exist unfortunately

I don't intend to use it for professional works but still, I would like to have a screen which can display the colors with a certain accuracy, but again all the screens I have found are really old...

I don't want to use an Intuos4 (wide format I guess so it could be nice) or another Intuos than the Intuos3 a4 because the price is not the same.

Perhaps I haven't searched well even if I have been searching for several days.
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 01:54:48 PM »

I've got a feeling that you're right, I don't think a usable screen exists with that aspect and size. Maybe you could try the 6-bit panel in your build and swap it out for something else later if you really hate it?
Moldu
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »

Finally, I think I will buy a 6-bit panel: I have had the opportunity to test a 6-bit screen since I have got an old laptop and it's not as bad as I thought. It's not amazing but for the price it should be usable. Nevertheless, I will have to calibrate the colors.

If I can find an Intuos3 a4 for reasonable price, I will post my build on the forum. Smiley
Aerendraca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 05:59:04 AM »

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing your build on the forum. In the mean time you should read up as much as you can through similar builds to see what kind of problems you may encounter on the way.
Moldu
New Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:29 AM »

Yes, I have already read a lot of topics but I will read again in detail, especially about jittering.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: